RN Sea Vixen FAW.2 AirFix 1/48

This is the moment of trepidation, putting ones work up for the eagle eyes to spot all errors, flaws and defects but this is a journey where ever model is a step improvement on the last. I am ever on awe of the quality of models that the members here present and learn something from every thread I read.

16 months with a 9 month break in the middle and I am happy to declare this finally finished. The build log is here for anyone who wants to have a laugh

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235053927-rn-faa-odyssey-1-airfix-sea-vixen-faw2/page/4/

This is a special model for me as my father was met officer on HMS Eagle on her final round the world trip in 1972 and this aircraft would have flow off her then. Great aircraft, lovely lines and I have enjoyed 'nearly' every minute of the build.

Edit to add in details of aftermarket parts:

• wolfpack resin wingfold kit
  • Pavla resin airbrake
  • CMK resin wheel set
  • Quickboost resin ejector seats
  • Quickboost resin air I takes
  • Eduard photoetched cockpit.

50170888982_854356296d_z.jpg

50170630471_1cdd1c875a_c.jpg

50170630466_4dabfc9be4_c.jpg

50170087473_1101cb908c_c.jpg

50170087448_04d12b787b_c.jpg

50170632431_92dc42862a_c.jpg

• Like 52

You certainly won't hear me laughing. That's a build to be quite proud of. Cockpit looks quite good and you made good use of the stenciling. 

Hello Guy,

Indeed, a very striking model. Finished to perfection.

Regards, Orion

Thanks for the comments, being able to share the build experience and learn from more experienced members is a great driver to do a little bit better each time.

I dread to think what my parents used to really think when I threw together a model over a weekend, painted and  presented it as the best Spitfire/Hurricane etc.