1/72nd Pavla Sea Harrier cockpit fits?

WARDOG

Hello Mates,

Can anybody tell me if they have used Pavla's Sea Harrier cockpits in other than the Airfix kits for which they were designed?

I fancy a build of three Harriers;

A Hasegawa AV-8B with an AiRes cockpit,

An Italeri Sea Harrier FRS.51 with a Pavla FRS.1 cockpit and,

A Hasegawa Sea Harrier FA.2 with a Pavla FA.2 cockpit (and Maintrack conversion).

Any and all help appreciated,

WARDOG

I have tried the Pavla set in the Italeri/Esci kit and it needs some work to fit. The Pavla cockpit is a bit too wide for the Italeri parts, so the best approach is tp remove the side consolles, thin them a bit and put in place. The Pavla floor will also need to be shaved on the sides to fit.

Another issue is that the angle of the rear bulkhead is different so this must be taken into account.

Last but not least: the Pavla instrument panel is moulded with the coaming in place and this as is will not fit in the Italeri windscreen. Again, some shaving is required

1 hour ago, Giorgio N said:

The Pavla cockpit is a bit too wide for the Italeri parts, so the best approach is tp remove the side consolles, thin them a bit and put in place. The Pavla floor will also need to be shaved on the sides to fit.

Not necessary!  Because you can grind off the nose pieces from the inside.

Another issue is that the angle of the rear bulkhead is different so this must be taken into account.

Agree.

Last but not least: the Pavla instrument panel is moulded with the coaming in place and this as is will not fit in the Italeri windscreen. Again, some shaving is required

Agree. This most harder, as for my.

Photo will be later.

B.R.

Serge

8 hours ago, WARDOG said:

A Hasegawa Sea Harrier FA.2 with a Pavla FA.2 cockpit (and Maintrack conversion).

Hasegawa Harrier F.A.2?

I something missed in this life?

B.R.

Serge

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Aardvark said:

Hasegawa Harrier F.A.2?

I something missed in this life?

I take it as the Hasegawa FRS.1 with the Maintrack FA.2 coversion.

Cheers,

Andre

Mille Grazie,

Georgio and Serge!  That is (part of) the information I was looking for.

And, as my old friend Andre said, that should have been "Hasegawa FRS.1 converted into an FA.2 with a Maintrack conversion set".

Cheers All,

WARDOG

Edited by WARDOG
Stupid auto-correct!

I used the Pavla cockpit for the Airfix FRS.1 in my Fujimi/Hasegawa hybrid:

There is a link to the WIP in the RFI post. Have a look at the WIP for more details. The Pavla cockpit for Airfix was too wide because, well, I think the Airfix kit is too wide. Anyway, it could be used in the Fujimi kit without too much difficulty. IIRC, the Fujimi kit is quite close to the Italeri/ESCI kit.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 2