Valom Vickers Viking 1/72

On 12/10/2020 at 1:52 PM, Team Aer Lingus said:

Hi Joe 

Any chance of you re-releasing your Aer Lingus sheet to tie in with this kit? Would be a great help if that is possible?

regards

Eamonn

Hi Eamonn, I never released a decal sheet for an Aer Lingus Viking mainly because I hadn't enough information on the colour scheme. The Aer Lingus Vikings had a wide green cheatline and lettering outlined in another colour, possibly gold or another shade of green. With no colour photos to go on I've held back hoping some new information will emerge in time.

Regards,

Joe

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maxdecal said:

Hi Eamonn, I never released a decal sheet for an Aer Lingus Viking mainly because I hadn't enough information on the colour scheme. The Aer Lingus Vikings had a wide green cheatline and lettering outlined in another colour, possibly gold or another shade of green. With no colour photos to go on I've held back hoping some new information will emerge in time.

Regards,

Joe

Hi

Im a longtime lurker,fist time poster

I got one of these in the post today and plan to build it as an Aer Lingus 1B so my question was the same as yours about the fuselage.

I am planning to do a series of Early AL aircraft.I have a Heller Constellation,an Airfix Super Constellation and a 707 in early prep.

Now looking for a DC-3 ,Viscount and Friendship.

Im particularly interested in the early graphic identity of Aer Lingus,and the evolving styles of Typography and Graphic devices,eg the Winged Shamrock at the nose, the Shamrock itself etc.

This question of the 'second colour' ?

Its orange.

Can PM you some pics.

On 10/12/2020 at 14:36, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Very relieved to hear that Valom has been careful to get details right, including the different landing gear doors, which are split and have cut-outs for the main wheels.  Would it be possible for you to include photos of the sprue?  I would love to see the fuselage halves and gear doors, especially.  Also, is it possible to build the props without the spinners, or would this require an after-market vendor?  Many of the Vikings had problems with the spinners disintegrating in flight, so some users removed them.

Hi

Longtime lurker second time poster

Ill try to stick some sprue pics up to test

• Thanks 1

Hi Joe

I was talking about your sheet for the DC-3s, I'm sure the tail decals could have been useful along with the titles for  a Viking but they did seem to have a number of different typefaces schemes etc. very hard to pin down 

any idea what colour the original Connies tails were? and I've seen a pic of Saint Brigid with a darker nose at one time too.  There were some fantastic pictures in the hangars in Dublin when I worked there of Viscounts Bristol 170 & DC-3's but nothing of Vikings and Connies.

thanks for your reply 

regards

Eamonn

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to Valom for those sprue shots!  This is a real winner in my estimation.  The slightly shorter fuselage and single passenger door look perfect, and having spare parts for the Valetta is a nice touch--especially antennas and other things that can easily shear off and get lost.