Marcel Bloch / Dassault Aviation GB Chat

18 hours ago, Wez said:

I don't see a complication...   ...do it!

17 hours ago, Col. said:

this is no complication but rather a new opportunity; treat yourself ;) 

Must … resist … buying … another ….. oh, alright then, I’ve signed up on the Modelsvit website to be notified when it’s available. Beautiful box art, and peer pressure, strikes again!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Wings unlevel said:

Must … resist … buying … another ….. oh, alright then, I’ve signed up on the Modelsvit website to be notified when it’s available. Beautiful box art, and peer pressure, strikes again!

Breaking strain of a Kit-Kat!

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Wings unlevel said:

We are your ready-made excuse for buying another kit Gerard. You're welcome :D 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, patmaquette said:

Can I join in, please?

I have a couple of Mirage F1's lined up ready,

Cheers,

Pat Camp

Of course!  Welcome along!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Alpha Jet was Dassault, but the Jaguar was Breguet.  When Dassault took over Breguet they realised that every sale for the Mirage F1 had twice the value to the company as every Jaguar, so the Jaguar sales team found themselves being undermined.   Guess it doesn't count for modelling, and it's all water under the bridge now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

When Dassault took over Breguet they realised that every sale for the Mirage F1 had twice the value to the company as every Jaguar, so the Jaguar sales team found themselves being undermined.

Were the French versions ever exported?   I believe that Kuwait was in the market for them but was pressured into accepting Mirage F1s instead.

Ecuador, Oman and India operated Jaguars but they were all Jaguar Internationals and their sales resulted from the BAe sales team.

Santa brought me a Modelsvit Mirage 2000C and the Special Hobby double boxing of the Super Mystere so they're definitely on the build list. I hadn't thought the Alpha Jet would count either, so that's also a possibility (I've got a Wingman boxing of the Kinetic kit, although being a Kinetic kit there's a good chance it'll annoy me until I put it on the shelf of doom. Me and Kinetic don't really get along for some reason). And then there's the Flamant that's been sitting in the stash for a bit too long.

9 hours ago, zebra said:

Santa brought me a Modelsvit Mirage 2000C and the Special Hobby double boxing of the Super Mystere so they're definitely on the build list. I hadn't thought the Alpha Jet would count either, so that's also a possibility (I've got a Wingman boxing of the Kinetic kit, although being a Kinetic kit there's a good chance it'll annoy me until I put it on the shelf of doom. Me and Kinetic don't really get along for some reason). And then there's the Flamant that's been sitting in the stash for a bit too long.

Good morning Zebra

I must admit that I don't know Kinetic Alpha jet but I think that you will enjoy more the Modelsvit Mirage 2000C and the Special Hobby SMB2 ..

See you soon for the beginning of this GB...

Best Regards

Patrice

• Like 1

Join me up for this group build please.

I've got one of the Valom Ouragan's to start. Might have something else in the stash if I rummage around a bit.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/valom-72080-dassault-md450-ouragan-paf--211188

Thanks

Martin 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

I've got one of the Valom Ouragan's to start. Might have something else in the stash if I rummage around a bit.

Thanks

Martin 

Welcome along Martin,

An Ouragan would be a very welcome addition to this GB, glad to have you along for the ride.

• Like 2

On 29/12/2022 at 18:51, Lightningboy2000 said:

Thanks

Martin 

Good evening Martin

Welcome aboard with this kit I am looking forward to follow you build in a few weeks ..

Best Regards

Patrice

Having finished a Super Étendard a few days ago,  I am really inspired to build more Dassaults.  So I am in for this one, with one of all of the Mirage IIIs in my stash.

Edited by Bjorn
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Bjorn said:

Having finished a Super Étendard a few days ago,  I am really inspired to build more Dassaults.  So I am in for this one, with one of all of the Mirage IIIs in my stash.

Sounds good Björn, can't go wrong with a Mirage III

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...