Marcel Bloch / Dassault Aviation GB Chat

6 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

this might be a good opportunity to consider my Airfix Super Mystere, Heller Ouragan and / or (if I can find a windscreen?) Matchbox Mystere IV,

Hello Dave  @Rabbit Leader

those will all be very interesting to follow. 

(all info taken from scalemates):

Airfix Super Mystere - tool dates from 1972

Heller Ouragan - tool from 1981

Matchbox Mystere IV - tool from 1986

Sam

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sam said:

Hello @Cammer625 and @Wings unlevel

I didn’t know Australia was an operator of the Mirage III. But I found some really nice squadron markings of them online just now. Looking forward to which ones you will choose! They will be 1/72 scale?

We sure did! I have clear memories of seeing this routine at airshows in the 1980s as a kid, it helped fuel my love of aviation!

• Thanks 2

Thanks for the video @Wings unlevel!

Did the RAAF never adopt the canards?

They were developed in Switzerland during the works for a midlife upgrade for our IIIS/RS. 

Rumours say the Israeli „acquired“ the canard plans in order to build their Kfirs with canards. 

It may well be possible that by the time we fitted canards you guys were already on a more modern jet. We tend to suck all the life out of our jets before we finally get new ones 😵💫

Sam

9 minutes ago, Sam said:

Thanks for the video @Wings unlevel!

Did the RAAF never adopt the canards?

They were developed in Switzerland during the works for a midlife upgrade for our IIIS/RS. 

Rumours say the Israeli „acquired“ the canard plans in order to build their Kfirs with canards. 

It may well be possible that by the time we fitted canards you guys were already on a more modern jet. We tend to suck all the life out of our jets before we finally get new ones 😵💫

Sam

The Aussies never got canards on their Mirages.  A lot of their aircraft got a further lease of life in Pakistan.

• Thanks 1

Not likely going to be able to attend this GB due to timing, but I'm glad to see it get through.  I will probably be supporting the Dassault flag during the Southern Europe GB though, with a HAF Mirage 2000-5.  A HAF Mirage F1 (would still need to find decals) or a Rafale are also stash options.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, helios16v said:

I will probably be supporting the Dassault flag during the Southern Europe GB though, with a HAF Mirage 2000-5.

If you build the one which ended up near Klima Beach on Samos you could also join the entropy GB with it 🙈

p?i=4dbda58fdcf4c3028532d89c26ac397f

A pity you cannot take part here, but priorities are priorities, I do understand you! See you in southern europe then, in ellada 🇬🇷

Edited by Sam
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, John Masters said:

I have these two for sure, plus some jets.  I have a mixed history with RS Models, but I'm willing to out these feelings aside.

52516317364_5eb9ff0b89_z_d.jpg

--John

Nice choices John, looking forward to seeing these come to fruition

Hello John,

Very nice to have you onboard as well! 😜

Both boxings show absolutely interesting paint schemes! Looking forward to them. 

Sam

Edited by Sam

On 20/11/2022 at 20:40, Wez said:

The Aussies never got canards on their Mirages.  A lot of their aircraft got a further lease of life in Pakistan.

Wes is correct, @Sam the RAAF Mirages only received minor upgrades in their service lives before retirement in 1988, so no canards unfortunately. 50 (I think) were sold to Pakistan where most still fly, apparently. But the Mirage is fondly remembered in Australia! Such a beautiful aeroplane.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well this worked out perfectly,I spotted an mint 1/48 Esci Mirage F1 with ground crew and equipment today stuck it on the watch list then got a message from the seller

offering a fiver off for buying immediately needless to say snapped his hand of at £20,so count me in please.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

Well this worked out perfectly,I spotted an mint 1/48 Esci Mirage F1 with ground crew and equipment today stuck it on the watch list then got a message from the seller

offering a fiver off for buying immediately needless to say snapped his hand of at £20,so count me in please.

Hello Steve!

this one?

p?i=9ff970f6e0e52338133380c8057dbada

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

That's the very one Sam I built the Mirage many years ago but until today never knew this kit with the extras existed.

Very nice! Looking forward to seeing this one!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Wings unlevel said:

Can't follow your link mate as I don't do Facebook but I'm intrigued as to what your dilemma is.

35 minutes ago, Wings unlevel said:

Oh, it’s this beauty, which Modelsvit says launches this month!

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/modelsvit-72072-mirage-2000-5f--1342281

It's as @Wez say Gerard, this is no complication but rather a new opportunity; treat yourself ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4