Marcel Bloch / Dassault Aviation GB Chat

At one point in the Bunfight it seemed as though this GB would not make the cut, which would have been a total shame.   So to hedge my bets, I started thinking about Dassault projects that could fit in other groupbuilds.  

I'm planning two Mirages in the Recce GB.   A IIIR and one of those weird Israeli IIICs.

Planning a Spanish Mirage F1 for the Southern Europe GB - and more than likely a Greek one as well.

A Djibouti-based Mirage IIIC and an Israeli Super Mystere B2 in the Desert GB.

But then this GB did make the cut.  Should I rearrange my choices from the other groupbuilds?   :hmmm:      NO !  Perish the thought....  All those choices stand.

I will be building a Super Etendard - because I have never built one before.

I will also be using the new Special Hobby kit to build two natural metal Mirage IIICs - one French and one Israeli.

One thing is sure - it's going to be the Year of the Mirage!  :)  

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

At one point in the Bunfight it seemed as though this GB would not make the cut, which would have been a total shame.   So to hedge my bets, I started thinking about Dassault projects that could fit in other groupbuilds.  

I'm planning two Mirages in the Recce GB.   A IIIR and one of those weird Israeli IIICs.

Planning a Spanish Mirage F1 for the Southern Europe GB - and more than likely a Greek one as well.

But then this GB did make the cut.  Should I rearrange my choices from the other groupbuilds?   :hmmm:      NO !  Perish the thought....  All those choices stand.

I will also be using the new Special Hobby kit to build two natural metal Mirage IIICs - one French and one Israeli.

No typos found to fix. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

That's odd.    I am dyslectic.   :) 

Ah, found one:

37 minutes ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

I'm planning two Mirages in the Recce GB.   A IIIRS and one of those weird Israeli IIICs.

😎

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Wez said:

Patrice,

Congratulations!

I'll be your co-host (or at least one of them should you be overwhelmed with other volunteers).

4 hours ago, Sam said:

Salut Patrice!

Very happy that we‘ve made it! 
I would love to co-host if you agree. Looking forward to it. 

Sam

Good evening Wez and Sam

Sorry for my late reply , I really thank you very much for your help in co hosting this fantastic GB ...

I am really looking forward for the beginning of this GB  on February 4th

Best Regards

Patrice

2 hours ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

Good evening Enzo

Very interesting programm I am looking forward to follow all your builds ..

Best Regards

Patrice

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

It's in!  

I double checked the scores within a couple of minutes of the poll closing and this GB was tied for last place.   When I checked again this morning there were a couple of extra votes for the other GB which would have put this one out of the running.   I think it may have been some sort of network latency issue when the poll closed.  

But this GB is in.

I'm also going to propose that there are two galleries for this GB:  one for anything called "Mirage" and one for everything else.   What do you think, Patrice?   @TEMPESTMK5

Hi again Enzo

Two galleries it is a very good idea  ...

Best Regards

Patrice

• TEMPESTMK5 changed the title to Marcel Bloch / Dassault Aviation Gb - 4th February to 28th May 2023

I’m almost as excited as Enzo is to see this one go through! I have the Modelsvit Mirage IIIO ready to go, but that Special Hobby Mirage IIIC looks pretty special, and it looks like Modelsvit is about to release their Mirage 2000-5F. I’m not sure I’m game enough to tackle the A&A Mirage IV, but a Rafale is calling. I can see some irrational purchases coming up!

• Like 2

On 7/30/2020 at 12:23 PM, TEMPESTMK5 said:

I think that we can allow all the ''derivatives'' like the IAI Kfir and Nesher , Atlas Cheetah etc ..

Was about to ask exactly that question as I have a 1/72 Nesher in the stash.

4 hours ago, Marklo said:

Was about to ask exactly that question as I have a 1/72 Nesher in the stash.

Good evening Marklo

Yes you can prepare yourself to build the Nesher ...

Best Regards

Patrice

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Wings unlevel said:

Will there be decals available of this scheme in time for our GB? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClDzgcusVFF/?igshid=Zjc2ZTc4Nzk=

🤩

If so, then syhart would be the first to produce them I guess. 

Otherwise you can always fall back to good old masking tape 😅

— beautiful paint scheme I agree 👍🏽👍🏽

Sam

1 hour ago, Cammer625 said:

I’ll have a crack at a Modelsvit IIIO. And maybe a HPM IIIO too.

26 minutes ago, Wings unlevel said:

I’ll be joining you with that one!

Hello @Cammer625 and @Wings unlevel

I didn’t know Australia was an operator of the Mirage III. But I found some really nice squadron markings of them online just now. Looking forward to which ones you will choose! They will be 1/72 scale?

So glad this GB came through with the barest of margins, I’m sure it will prove to be a popular and happy meeting place. 

I’ve been a little disappointed with my GB progress of late, however this might be a good opportunity to consider my Airfix Super Mystere, Heller Ouragan and / or (if I can find a windscreen?) Matchbox Mystere IV, if all the planets line up. 

Hope it goes well for everyone. 

Cheers / Merci… Dave 

• Like 3