Three magic beans

Abandoned Project

Do you mean the carrier film?  If there's a continuous carrier film, you might be looking at a copy that's been scanned or copied, then printed out on an ALPS style printer.  Not necessarily a bad thing, but I'd test one before you get going, and remember to cut the decal out close to the printing so you're not handling a big chunk of carrier film. :)

• Thanks 1

Yes I do mean the clear carrier film. The white inverted V between the red and green on the tail is printed so I know that there not a DIY inkjet printer job. I got two full sets for £5 so I'm not too fussed. I shall break out the clear lacquer on them.

On 30/07/2020 at 12:58, Abandoned Project said:

Yes I do mean the clear carrier film. The white inverted V between the red and green on the tail is printed so I know that there not a DIY inkjet printer job. I got two full sets for £5 so I'm not too fussed. I shall break out the clear lacquer on them.

That's the best guess then.  I think you can print individual carrier film areas from ALPS, but people don't seem to bother, just applying it everywhere.  It's also the only way you can print white or metallics at home.  I really must get mine out and have a play with it soon. :blush:

• Thanks 1