Airfix B-24J Liberator 1/72

1 hour ago, alt-92 said:

Kudos for the paintwork, self-printed decals,  scratchbuilding, and proper weighing as she's very likely to tailsit :goodjob:

Thank you. 
There’s a lot of weight  jammed in wherever I could get it, behind the turret, under the cockpit floor and against the cockpit rear bulkhead. Probably overdid it but it won’t sit on its tail!😂

Edited by Brigbeale

Fine work indeed.

Those Airfix B-24J and B-17G kits were just so wonderful for the sixties: one could retract the undercarrige and fly it anywhere over occupied territory, fight off a swarm of 109s, and get back home on one engine in time for afternoon tea,

Michael

• Haha 1

Looks lovely, I like looking at your restorations and like the background and the fact you were able to get almost two kits in a box and use what you need and sell on the one you didn't need.  That is great.  Great work on the decals to and she surely does look very impressive .

All the best

Chris

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Pete said:

Is that the Ikea cabinet and you've added extra shelves?  I have the same one and did the same thing!

Yes it is. I picked them up from a shop selling them off as literally ex display items (I’ll get my coat!). I bought some used greenhouse glass locally and cut it to size- most successfully - some not. I purchased the cable clamps as I’d seen them used on YouTube. They're a bit is pain to set up and get level but the adhesive pads helped a little in that reapect. The second cabinet was done a lot later as my wife was using it to display some nick-nacks but gave it up for my models. I don’t know what the price will be as she hasn’t told me yet😂. I found the shelf supports on Thingiverse and 3D printed them. They were a lot easier to set up and appear to support the shelves better.

Only thing is, the metal uprights interfere with my Sunderland so it might have to live on top!

0HO9vqX.jpg

inKpZau.jpg
ARFu1DD.jpg

5fmw8Ef.jpg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Brigbeale said:

picked them up from a shop selling them off as literally ex display items

Exactly how I found mine!  I just bought some plexi cut to size for the extra shelves and a bit of dowel for the supports.  I promised the missus I'd only ever have one and if I got too many planes I'd rotate them through the display instead of expanding.  On the other hand she promised me we'd only have one cat...

• Haha 2