Sharkit 1/72 Edgley Optica in "Slipstream" livery

21 hours ago, Wolfhound32 said:

My compliments for this little beauty:goodjob:! And a great livery.

I just received my AVIS 1: 72 Optica kit from the Ukraine:

Thanks!

I have the Avis kit on backorder from Hannants. Thanks for the glimpse of what's in the box. From the sheer number of transparent parts, it looks like it's possible to build the model with at least one door open?

12 hours ago, David A Collins said:

Very nice. You should make the CFM Shadow to go with it next. That had a cool paint job I recall as well. My mates dad was the designer of the aircraft! He still has the fairing between the wing and cockpit painted in the movie colours in his garage.

Thanks. Yes, I'd love to build a Shadow, too. The solar panels and weird Buddhist(?) art might be a challenge, though.

3 hours ago, Hamiltonian said:

Thanks!

I have the Avis kit on backorder from Hannants. Thanks for the glimpse of what's in the box. From the sheer number of transparent parts, it looks like it's possible to build the model with at least one door open?

Hi Hamiltonian,

I made a better and detailed preview for you😉:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

As you see, you could make it with doors open but you would have to cut the door loose from the transparent side parts...:confused:

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Wolfhound32 said:

Hi Hamiltonian,

I made a better and detailed preview for you😉:

As you see, you could make it with doors open but you would have to cut the door loose from the transparent side parts...:confused:

Ah, that's great, thanks. Looks like I'd have had a lot less messing around with plastic card, brass wire and scribing tools if I'd waited for the Avis model!

I see I was mistaking the separate roof panel for a side door in your initial picture.

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...
On 06/10/2020 at 13:30, Hamiltonian said:

Well, I wouldn't want to sell you a set of decals to be applied to a different version of the same aircraft--I suspect there will be differences in proportion between my modified Sharkit kit and the Avis kit. And there are things about the decals I designed that I don't like.

But you're very welcome to have (and modify as you like) the decal images I built for myself. They're at the end of this link--it's a zip file containing a single .png image with a transparency channel, at 600dpi.

That's marvellous of you, thank you very much, I shall look forward to tackling this project over Christmas!