Lockheed Hercules C-130J Cockpit Layout

scotmid

Richard,

Thanks. I did not make myself clear. I had found a number of pictures of the instrument panel and pilots seats and screens. I haven't been able to find pictures of the other seating, the area of the former navigators desk etc. In other words the bit behind the driver

Regards

Alasdair

IIRC there is still a worksurface where the Navs station was (stab) now used by the loading and his seat rails go diagonally so that the seat can be positioned either at the worksurface of behind the centre console where the flight eng used to sit. The rear bulkhead still has the two bunks/ bench seat. On the port side is where Lockheed’s put the American galley (originally just a coffee pot and a microwave oven) which we pointed out at the time of the original build was useless for British use as we required (large quantities) of boiling water for tea!

• Like 2

On 29/07/2020 at 21:42, scotmid said:

Can anyone suggest where I might find images of the C-130J cockpit. I am looking for the general layout to try and improve on the 1/72 Italeri kit for the RAF version. 

Thanks

Alasdair

We have a full walkaround of an RAF C-130J here on the site;

• 2 weeks later...

As mentioned, the old Navigator's desk is still there, with a much-reduced instrument cluster. The seat slides directly between there and the old Flight Engineer's position but there is now no extended pedestal for the Flight Eng seat. A microwave oven replaces the old oven which was located in the galley adjacent to the Crew Entrance Door and is located at head height behind the Pilot, opposite the old Nav's position.