Academy 1/35th Warrior FV511

I keep forgetting to post my finished builds in this section, so thought i should start getting into the habit.

This is Academy's Warrior IFV converted into an FV 511 Command vehilce. I use an Accurate Armour conversion set as well as there drivers hatch with 3 vision blocks and bowman antenna's to replace the Clansman ones. I also added an RB metal barrel, Fruil tracks and various other bits and pieces. The kit was very nice, my only issue being that the right hand side wheel stations are the wrong way round. I had to do a bit of conversion work myself as AA missed out the front right corner. I made the vehicle call sign's myself and put the licence plate together from spares.

I have built this how it looked in the summer of 2006 while on pre deployment training before going to Iraq in Nov on Op Telic 9. This is the vehicle of the Company 2i/c. I drove this vehicle for 6 years so it was a very personal build.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking.

• Like 39

Excellent work Bish, I especially like the way you have done the weathering it looks very authentic. 

Wayne

PS. I just noticed your just up the road from me, I'm in Haverhill.

• Like 1

Superb!

Warrior looks excellent, brilliant paintwork and weathering, the dusty grubby look is spot on and the base really finishes it off nicely. :thumbsup:

Great work 

Darryl 

Great work and great model. I must say that I much prefer the 'stripped back' Warrior without all that mesh (though I fully understand the rationale for it in certain environments). The boys here on the NATO Battle Group certainly appear to enjoy zotting around the Estonian forest tracks and swamps in their Warriors. 

Once again, nice model. Well Done, Sir !

Thanks Tiger. I deffinetly prefer them looking like this. I wish i was out there still driving. Spent most of my time on salisbury Plain or canada.

2 hours ago, sanfrandragon said:

Really nice and as others have said the dusty weathering looks just right.  I'm guessing with Arnhem Coy and the glider badge, The Duke Of Lancaster's Regiment had glider borne infantry in its history?

Yes - 1st Bn Border Regiment went into Arnhem by glider. They were part of the force defending the perimeter around the Hartenstein Hotel - actually on the West side of the hotel. IIRC, they took higher casualties than any other Bn in the operation. Border Regiment became part of Kings Own Royal Border Regt in 1959(?), which has since become part of the Duke of Lancaster's Regt.

Edited by PhilHendry
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys.

sanfran, Phil has it spot on. I was in the KORBR when it moved into the armoured role in Catterick in 1995, at the time i was in Somme (support) Coy. We wore the glider but without the purple border. The KORBR's first rifle coy was Arnhem. When the Duke of lancs was formed in 2006, it adopted the glider but with a purple edge and the naming of Companys. A Coy 1 Kings, who i had been attached to since 2001 as the 2i/c's driver became Arnhem Coy 2 lancs. the glider patch is off one of my jackets.

• Like 1