Jackie Cochran Twin Wasp Northrop Gamma, Bendix 1935 - Modified Willimas Bros 1/72 kit

Very elegant - the Gamma and its model! I like the contrast between the barrel-like fuselage and the square canopies.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Moa said:

Very nice of you Woody, appreciated.

Yes, I favor "clean" models.

I do have the same thing you do, but of the opposite sign: I do not favor weathered models, especially those that are overdone, or do not represent realistically the actual service conditions of the original; but most of all cringe at those that look like the modeling magazine drawings, where each panel line and rivet is black or very dark. No doubt there were some planes that under harsh conditions or by negligence will show heavy weathering, but in general planes are kept clean. I don't do warplanes, most likely to show some sort of weathering.

But the fad propelled years ago by magazines and contest judges of favoring a sort of "3D drawing" model is not only inaccurate, but at this point passé.

By now, I have flown in hundreds of planes of many types, and helicopters. Never, in my life, my perception of them was something even near like those overdone models. Planes in general do not have black/dark panel lines, especially at the scale distance we normally appreciate them.

Fed up with all that, I am at the other extreme, and may sin of over cleanness. I rather do that than fantasy weathering.

As we soon learn in this hobby: to each, her/his own 🙂

Great job Sensei Moa!  Such sleek lines on this machine, subtle and sexy!   I concur with your thoughts about weathering - a very little goes a long way.  Anyway, much respect to you!

Bill

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Wonderful modelling Moa, a superb looking aircraft, as is the Conqueror Gamma you linked to above, I don't recall (not hard :( ) having seen that one before either, obviously sitting down the back, checking out the chicks & not paying attention, I must do better. :) Also a wonderful looking aircraft & beautifully modelled, she was quite a gal was Ms Cochrane.

Steve.

:)

Thanks, Steve!

It was fun to build.

Now go and write 100 times: "I shan't get distracted and miss the posted models".

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Superbly finished model of an interesting aeroplane.   Taxyiing behind that engine would have been interesting to say the least.

Indeed! the same configuration that lent them those interesting, racy lines, would have made taxiing a challenge.

I now because I have a long nose, and have the same issue of impeded line of sight when I lift my beer mug or chaser.

4 hours ago, Gary Brantley said:

Another masterful project Claudio!  👍  Great looking model and very cool history too. :clap2:  I've always enjoyed reading about Jackie Cochran's adventures.  

Very kind, Gary, appreciated!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeddahbill said:

Great job Sensei Moa!  Such sleek lines on this machine, subtle and sexy!   I concur with your thoughts about weathering - a very little goes a long way.  Anyway, much respect to you!

Bill

Master Bill

Your kind words are much appreciated. May the morning mist glow in the garden, as the cranes fly on blue skies yonder.

29 minutes ago, Bengalensis said:

Your models never disappoint as far as I have seen, nor do the subjects you choose, and this one is right up at the top in my view. Such an amazing machine and owner, and modelling skills to match. Very very nice!

You are , as always, more than kind, Jörgen.

The compliment is doubly appreciated coming from such master.

Cheers

That is a perfectly rendered Gamma.

Nice & neat & agree that with this subject especially, panel lines should be understated. Looks very realistic & I do like those in-flight photos.

Martin

• Thanks 1

Very nice one Moa !!

Nonetheless the engine has been used in a lot of m;-) ;-)ry planes....:whistle:

I also love the twilight pic ! Good idea !!

CC

• Thanks 1