F-4f Phantom Revell 1/48 JG 71 Richthofen

Magnificent! Truly magnificent! Very nicely weathered. Once again, and maybe this sounds corny, the fuel stains running from the external tank filler caps give an authenticity to the model that really enhances the overall build. It's the little things that often make a model look so very real. Love the cockpit. Would have liked to see the consoles and the instrument panels. I'll be their awesome too.

• Thanks 1

That is definitly a great build! 

I love these F-4F in norm72 camouflage and your's is top. And very good pictures. 

I have tje AirDoc decals but I never used them yet. Do they fit well?

I really need to build one soon.

Lolo

• Thanks 1

Superb,

I remember seeing these Phantoms put on a great display at an air show in Leauchers in the 1990's. The crews were very friendly on the flight line after their display too.

Cheers Greg 👍

23 minutes ago, airbus320 said:

Lovely Phantom!!! The sealant around the windscreen is very impressive! The photos are ace as well.

Chris

The canopy sealants impressed me too. How did you achieve that?

Great Phantom!

Volker

• Like 1

No way Andy!!!!  There is no way that this is a 48th scale static model of the Phantom.  You can come clean with us and admit that you photo shopped the pictures because I am convinced this is a real Phantom.  All kidding aside, another great rendition from you Andy.  Superb craftsmanship at it`s finest!!!!!!! :clap2:

Mike

• Haha 2

Excellent as ever, Andy! No need to add any more to what the previous commentators have stated - just maybe: They really looked like this.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VolkerR. said:

The canopy sealants impressed me too. How did you achieve that?

Great Phantom!

Volker

Hi Volker,

quite easy . I took the finest white decal stripes from Microscale (?) layer them on the parts and soften them wit Microsol Softener. After a short time they became soft and you can push and bent them into the right position. Needs a little experience, but works quite well.  I bought these stripe sortiment from Aerospezial (Waltermann) here in Germany 🇩🇪 

• Thanks 2

Beautifully built and finished Phantom Andy. The old markings with the large codes are my favourite era. I really like the level of weathering which you have achieved and of course the photography makes it look all the more convincing. Stellar!!

Cheers

Malcolm

Great finish.  Proper colours for WGAF jets.

Just enough weathering, hard worked jet but not into realms of artstic fantasy as many seem to slp into.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PLC1966 said:

Great finish.  Proper colours for WGAF jets.

Just enough weathering, hard worked jet but not into realms of artstic fantasy as many seem to slp into.

Yes I agree with you. Due to all these advertising’s we are suggested to make heavy weathering and we tend to do this. But the reality looks a little bit different sometimes. As I always use to say planes are no tanks. Sure there are exceptions. But I think the most planes used to keep clean. Uncontested colours use to be fade away,  but that’s all. No rust or something like that on planes.  But I must admit I must hold back sometimes because all these techniques  are looking very impressive. 

• Like 3