Hi,

That is a nice build. You may have seen from my version that at some point Airfix seem to have revamped the turrets. Mine was I believe a 1982 boxing whilst yours seems to be a 1975 one - can you tell from my pics of the early and late nose turret if yours also has been modifed as I am wondering when they actually made the change? Difficult to tell but yours does look like it may also be the later modified version. You seem to have done a tidier job on your turrets than I did with mine - getting the guns in the rear one with the barrels correctly staggered was a real pain.

Cheers

Pete

Edited by PeterB

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2020 at 9:40 PM, PeterB said:

Hi,

That is a nice build. You may have seen from my version that at some point Airfix seem to have revamped the turrets. Mine was I believe a 1982 boxing whilst yours seems to be a 1975 one - can you tell from my pics of the early and late nose turret if yours also has been modifed as I am wondering when they actually made the change? Difficult to tell but yours does look like it may also be the later modified version. You seem to have done a tidier job on your turrets than I did with mine - getting the guns in the rear one with the barrels correctly staggered was a real pain.

Cheers

Pete

I went with a pair of .303s in the rear turret instead of the quad .303s as some whimpy's had that configuration, I may change it at some point. 

• Like 2