4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse in 54mm

What I have here is the Four horsemen of the Apocalypse, mastered by Michael Kontraros in 54mm.

I've decided to do a WIP thread for these as it's going to take a while to do all 4 and build a display base for them.

First to the bench is Pestilence....... ( I apologies for the half-bottomed phone camera pictures, I will make more effort next time I promise)......

spacer.png

spacer.png

While the horses pose is very dramatic I can assure you the 'Boing!" factor is annoyingly high 😒

Thanks for looking

Sean

• Like 5

8 hours ago, spruecutter96 said:

The "Boing" factor...... waddat? Me no understand.

Chris. 

He's only attached by one leg to the base and its made of resin so when you try to do anything to him he springs are around like zebedee from The Magic Roundabout 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, vindicareassassin said:

He's only attached by one leg to the base and its made of resin so when you try to do anything to him he springs are around like zebedee from The Magic Roundabout 😉

Thanks for the explanation.

Chris.  

WIP update.... 54mm scale, The Riders of the Apocalypse have all been made, and Pestilences steeds flesh and cloth are well on their way, B&W to check tonal values. Personal challenge with this project will be basing, as I detest doing it at best and this set didn't come with its originally intended base as it went out of production before the riders and geegee's did!?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking 

Sean

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

What awesome figures!  B)

Love your paintwork on Pestilence's pony.....But it's almost a shame you already started, I have just the GB for these:

The world may well have ended before I've finished these mate, even if I have already started 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Apologies but I dropped a boob and only took WIP pics of Pestilence himself on my phone so they've not made it to here.

That said here is the finished piece.....  

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'm doing a bit of deliberate practice on a pallet cleanser before starting the next rider so stay tuned

Thanks for looking

Sean 

• Like 15

On 8/22/2020 at 11:34 AM, rockpopandchips said:

Very nice, love the colours and the green in the eyes and mouth add a nice contrast. 

Critique has been varied on the ethereal glow from not at all, to just the eyes, to not bright enough, I've gone with sorting the not bright enough and it looks a lot better now, than in those pics, a lot brighter and more "glowey" 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2020 at 4:32 PM, vindicareassassin said:

Critique has been varied on the ethereal glow from not at all, to just the eyes, to not bright enough, I've gone with sorting the not bright enough and it looks a lot better now, than in those pics, a lot brighter and more "glowey" 

Actually, it's the wee green bottle that I like best. It's just so incongruous and ordinary, it really brings the hideous, plague ridden beast and rider into stark contrast with the mortal realm. Painted to perfection! :nodding:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...