Hasegawa /Revell 1:48 AU-1 (F4U-6) Corsair

Hello Gents And Ladies,

This is my 1st contrubition to Britmodeller. This is Revell boxed, hasegawa mould 1:48 F4U-7 kit finished as AU-1  (F4U-6)Korean war veteran. I used a pair of Kont Eduard's seatbelts, Printscale decals. Process still goes on, I hope you like it.

uQBgAuy.jpg

• Like 3

ERJRJdw.jpg

Here is the real guy pic taken in Korean. I donno why but Print scale gave the  white arrows partially missing. On other hand, some drawings show the plane with missing white parts of it. I guess during conflict they renewed the cowling after this pic was taken, anyone has an idea?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, clive_t said:

I don't know enough to answer your question, but that's a real nice job you've done with it so far :thumbsup2:

A belated welcome to BM by the way :)

Thanks a lot. :)

15 hours ago, Collin said:

Terrific overall job...how did you do the scuffing on the inboard sections of the wings?

Cheers

Collin

Thanks for your mind words.Well, first  I applied  Tamiya yellow green  as primer to inner wings and sealed it with Tamiya X-22 gloss coat  and let it dry 2 days. Than sprayed gunze laquer  navy gloss blue and waited 2 days  more. After all sanded  down  with no.2000 sandpaper  under flowing  water.

Edited by TheFlogger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hello :post1: and what a lovely Corsair from an acknowledged Corsair nutcase, if my screen name is a clue. Im not sure if you're into group builds but there is a corsair group build going on currently. You're more than welcome to come check it out and comment or add to the different threads. You're also welcome to join with another corsair if you choose too, sadly this one is to close to being finished to be allowed. 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/691-vought-f4u-corsair-stgb/

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello :post1: and what a lovely Corsair from an acknowledged Corsair nutcase, if my screen name is a clue. Im not sure if you're into group builds but there is a corsair group build going on currently. You're more than welcome to come check it out and comment or add to the different threads. You're also welcome to join with another corsair if you choose too, sadly this one is to close to being finished to be allowed. 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/691-vought-f4u-corsair-stgb/

Dennis

Dear Mr. Corsair,

Thanks for your kind words and offer. Sadly, my ongoing projects are 1:72 Halifax ,1:72  G3M3 and 1:48 SEAC Beaufighter

In my stash I have a 1:48 Hasegawa F4U-5 which I dont plan to build  soon. But for sure I will go F4U corsair group and  take a look. I am sure I will find many things that can insipre me for further builds.

Regards,

Zafer

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Masters said:

Outstanding!

Thanks...

So the process goes on...

Attached wheels and covers, applied  exhaust stains. 

Q0U2yN7.jpg

Edited by TheFlogger
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice. I was reading about the Corsair last week. I never realised that the gull wing was to give ground clearance for a large diameter propeller needed for the P&W engine. I always assumed it was for aerodynamics.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Marklo said:

Nice. I was reading about the Corsair last week. I never realised that the gull wing was to give ground clearance for a large diameter propeller needed for the P&W engine. I always assumed it was for aerodynamics.

As far as I know gull wing also helps to increase capacity of the aircraft. I donno. But all I know is stuka and corsair seems great with those wings :)

3 hours ago, TheFlogger said:

But all I know is stuka and corsair seems great with those wings

They do look well with them.

Flying to the Limit: Testing World War II Single-engined Fighter Aircraft

https://amzn.eu/hUKLNis This is the book basically notes from raf pilots testing the main axis and allied fighters of WW2 an odd but interesting read.

Edited by Marklo