Where to pick up 3D designs?

Pouln

On 1/29/2022 at 10:22 AM, Reelyator said:

Is there a way to turn the .obj Files from Scetchfab into something printable like the precut .stl files on Gambody? 

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by precut .stl files to be honest, but you can find a number of free online sites that will convert from obj to stl and back, should you so desire. The Stl would need to be sliced in something like Chitubox or Lychee to print it, but both of those packages can be downloaded for free.

I've used this site occasionally.

https://products.aspose.app/3d/conversion

12 hours ago, Twobad said:

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by precut .stl files ....

Most Files for sale on Sketchfab are one single .obj -> NOT Pre-cut!

Most models on Gambody are already separated (Cut) into individual parts (Legs, Arms, Torso.....) 

I hope this is clearer now?

• Like 1

On 29/01/2022 at 11:22, Reelyator said:

Is there a way to turn the .obj Files from Scetchfab into something printable like the precut .stl files on Gambody?.....

To answer my own question:

If you search for "cut stl files" on YouTube there seem to be plenty of options to do this.

From the low level approach of just using your preferred slicer to some more educated techniques using MeshMixer, Blender or Fusion360.

...i have not tried out any of these but it sounds doable. Most challenging part will probably be to place the "cut" in an area of the model that avoids or at least minimizes the visibility of the seam.