HMS Exeter, Battle of the River Plate, Trumpeter 1/350

57 minutes ago, Faraway said:

I’ve often looked at these.

Are they metal and coloured both sides and what sort of weight are they ?

Jon

Yes, metal and colored on both sides, very easy to bend.  They only need a retouch of white and blue in the edge where you cut them free from the metal trees.

Marco

• Thanks 1

I am going to try to build the ships involved in the Battle of River Plate.  So, the Exeter is my next...

You and Faraway have had great builds and the details provided in your logs has been, and will be, extremely beneficial.

Beautiful work, Marco.  Beautiful work...

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, BoghieWanKanobie said:

I am going to try to build the ships involved in the Battle of River Plate.  So, the Exeter is my next...

You and Faraway have had great builds and the details provided in your logs has been, and will be, extremely beneficial.

Beautiful work, Marco.  Beautiful work...

Thank you, BoghieWan!  Which kits have you thought about for the Ajax and Achilles?  I have followed Faraway’s Graf Spee as well.

Marco 

On 2/19/2024 at 9:53 PM, Marco1965 said:

Thank you, BoghieWan!  Which kits have you thought about for the Ajax and Achilles?  I have followed Faraway’s Graf Spee as well.

Marco 

Still looking.  Odd that the Ajax and Achilles have very few kits.  They were Leander class, so...

There are two real nice Flyhawk 1:700, but I kinda want 1:350.  Plus, it is a bit early for me to look.  I still have the majority of the Graf Spee and then the Exeter to build😄

In 350 I've only found a resin kit.  The Iron Shipwrights HMS Ajax.  Here is the Iron Shipwrights site page for that kit, and it seems currently available.  I've never worked in resin though, so...

• Like 1

On 2/21/2024 at 9:12 PM, BoghieWanKanobie said:

Still looking.  Odd that the Ajax and Achilles have very few kits.  They were Leander class, so...

There are two real nice Flyhawk 1:700, but I kinda want 1:350.  Plus, it is a bit early for me to look.  I still have the majority of the Graf Spee and then the Exeter to build😄

In 350 I've only found a resin kit.  The Iron Shipwrights HMS Ajax.  Here is the Iron Shipwrights site page for that kit, and it seems currently available.  I've never worked in resin though, so...

Neglected, historically important ships, HMS Ajax and Achilles.  I would really like to assemble them both, they are quite similar anyway.   I prefer 1/350).  And not really in the mood for resin kits.  Maybe somebody will issue a new kit for those, could include parts for both cruisers in the same kit, 

Marco

Edited by Marco1965
  • Like 1