Tamiya P-38F White 33 1/48 scale

12 hours ago, ForestFan said:

Glad you’re better, it’s a cracking build you’ve achieved 

Thank you very much. Indeed we are better but infection rate is climbing rapidly here. I work at home and wil continue to build more models, modelling is the best hobby for these times. 

• Like 1

Just an impressive model here! I absolutely loved it, the weathering in general and how you have worn-out the wingroots near the cockpit. I also want to say "get well soon" and hope you fully recover. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Has an excellent "battle worn" look to it. Really like the detail, especially in the cockpit.

Thank you, I tried to get that look, there are many layers of al different kinds of paint to het that result.

15 hours ago, roginoz said:

Love it !! You've got a fantastic finish on your canopy - any clues to getting it so clear ?

Rog

Thank you! It was so clear in the box, you just need to keep it clear... So I used masks from an early moment and kept it on till the last!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

It's beautifully done. Surely you mean 1/48 rather than 1/32 as in your subject header?

You are quite right... I was busy doing to many things at the same time... thank you for your comment, I corrected the title!

20 hours ago, F-32 said:

Wonderful build, great weathering job :clap:

Thank you for your kind words! Yes the weathering took a long time. There were 3 different Olive drab paints used and two gray ones. I used a lot of oil paints, Pastel powder, weathering pencils and some Ushi metal powders here and there.

Most importantly, we are all elated that you have returned to good health.  Covid-19 is certainly nothing to mess with.  Your Lightning is superb and looks great.  :clap2:

PS : Try not to take so long between projects. 😉 :yes: :D

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1