Martin Baker and Lockheed C2 seat pull handles

Mick_Gannon

Hi all

can anyone tell where to find the dimensions for the diameter of the pull handles for the above seats and the vellow stripe that goes around the handles is it a spiral or bands, I am trying to make 1/48 scale handles from black plated copper wire but need to know what the real size is to determine scale size.

Regards Mick

To add thank you to the poster below, however the system keeps clearing my reply, which is thank you for the info but what is the diameter of the pull cords as not answered. 

I thank the people who answered my question "what is the diameter of the pull handle at the top of the seat" and most replies are that its a rubber cord or wire covered in rubber, you can't see it, perhaps I did not put the question clearly, so I will try again, the 2 pull handles at the top of a GQ-Mk7a ejection seat used on F104 starfighters, that can be seen when looking at the cockpit what is the diameter of this cord used to make the 2 loops.

Edited by Mick_Gannon

4 hours ago, CharlieNZ said:

It's a wire loop, covered with textured rubber.

I know but the inside construction modellers aren't bothered about just what's visible

Edited by tweeky
typo
  • Like 1

I have the Daco book " Uncovering The T/F - 104 Starfighter " which has excellent photos of both the MB and Lockheed seats, and while the MB seat handles are a spiral black and yellow the Lockheed seat has a yellow handle with seven black bands. HTH:cheers:

21 hours ago, tweeky said:

its a rubber loop.

What diameter is the cord that makes up the loops. I have several books but there is no size of and object that I can used to determine what the size is, 

Edited by Mick_Gannon

I thank the people who answered my question , so you think but don't know, it could be 10mm well that scales out at 0.20mm in 1/48 scale, which will look wrong being too thin, although in scale, I will use 0.3mm as I have 0.30 yellow pin stripe that I can use for the yellow spiral for a start to see if it looks right.

As a thought I did contact Martin Baker and I am still waiting for a reply, I do need to know what the inside is made up as posted by tweeky, that is not not why I asked?

Thank you JagRigger that is the handle between the knees of the pilot and that measures 12 mm 0.25mm in 1/48 scale.

Edited by Mick_Gannon

Dont know because i never took one apart, just made sure the pilot could reach it and he did that before I'd pulled the pin.

you could always ask These people im sure they'll be able to help.

Edited by tweeky

13 hours ago, Antti_K said:

Excellent info, thank you JagRigger. Your photos also clearly show the right colour; not bright yellow...

Cheers,

Antti

Thank yo for your efforts in scale that would be 0.31mm Jagrigger amd Antti K for the quote the correct colour, all questions answered.

Edited by Mick_Gannon
  • Like 1

Thank you for the info, I have ordered 0.3mm and 0.4mm black plated wire to make up the handles, I have 0.3mm yellow pin strip that I am going to use for the yellow spiral band, I don't know if it will work until I try iif it is a total failure then back to plan B, the paint brush and eye glass's 

Mick