1/72 Dragon Rapide

Here's my Tasman (ex-Heller) 1/72 Dragon Rapide, just finished in the A Kit You Built As A Kid group build. I've used Arctic Decals' Railway Air Services decals and the SBS PE rigging set. The decals were excellent and the set included masks and self-adhesive chrome window frames - these went on nicely but the ones on the curved windscreen needed a bit of help from some canopy glue. The PE rigging set was a huge time saver and resulted in much better rigging than I could have achieved without it! Build thread is here.

Dragon Rapide

Dragon Rapide

Dragon Rapide

thanks for looking

Julian

• Like 65

The type was also the subject of one's very first sojourn in an aeroplane too,a pleasure flight from Land's End aerodrome

in the late 60's whilst on holiday with one's parents,one remembers the cost was 18/- per seat/per person.

One sat in the front right hand seat and watched the pilot avidly.

A beautiful model Sir if one may say so.

Originally a Heller kit you say?,one will be on the lookout for one of those.

The "SBS" P.E(photo etched?)rigging set looks highly impressive,a far cry from one's efforts back in the day with

stretched sprue and bits of fishing line.

• Thanks 1

Superb! As a Yorkshireman and former Rapide operator I like it even more. I didn't knowSBS did a rigging set for the Heller kit so that's a good tip. Off to look at your WIP thread now

Edited by Work In Progress
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

a very impressive build! It shows that Heller did create some beautiful kits, once upon a time!

You have managed to keep the daintiness of the plane, and your model looks splendid.

I have never heard of SBS PE rigging, but it would seem that they are worth a try.

I am sure using them must be full of pitfalls, but practice always makes perfect.

Congrats.

JR

• Thanks 1