Reggiane Re. 2005 | 1:48 Sword

Finished, just in time - Re.2000 from Special Hobby has just arrived, there will be another Italian in the collection. Re.2005 from Special Hobby will wait its turn.

As for Re.2005 from Sword, I can recommend the model to every fan of Italian aviation. Nicely detailed (e.g. resin exhausts make a great impression), but without a deterrent exaggeration, fit is OK, and despite the fact that some details are vague (the barrel outlets in the top engine cover are probably the worst), I rate the model as a strong 4 on the  five-point scale.

I did not add much from myself, some tube in the cockpit, barrels made of brass tubes, antenna installation (Uschi line 0.02 mm, insulators from a cosmetic stick). The entire airframe was riveted on the basis of a template from the available plans.

Painted with MRP and Lifecolor paints. Washes from MW, pigments from AK.

Hope you like it :)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 24

Clean on top except for engine exhaust; appropriate wear and weathering on the bottom. A very nice build.

• Like 1

Hi Hubert,

I do not like it, I love it. The Re.2005 is (in my opinion) the most elegant of all Italian fighters. I would even go as far and call its lines "sexy" :wub: I'm still pondering if I should buy the Sword or SH kit (whom am I kidding, I will most likely buy both).

Cheers

Markus

• Like 1

On 27/07/2020 at 13:45, SAT69 said:

Clean on top except for engine exhaust; appropriate wear and weathering on the bottom. A very nice build.

In case of Re.2005 that was my intention - looking at the photos one can't see much wear and tear on the upper surfaces, while I haven't been able to find any pics showing the bottom. So I assumed that they kept them quite clean where easily available, but didn't care so much  for the bottom surfaces, less available for clean-up.

On 28/07/2020 at 00:13, Shorty84 said:

Hi Hubert,

I do not like it, I love it. The Re.2005 is (in my opinion) the most elegant of all Italian fighters. I would even go as far and call its lines "sexy" :wub: I'm still pondering if I should buy the Sword or SH kit (whom am I kidding, I will most likely buy both).

Cheers

Markus

Buying both is a good idea, as these kits are different in many ways, including SH much more detailed in the cockpit. And indeed, to me Re.2005 was the most beautiful of the whole "5" series Italian WW2 fighters.

Thanks for all  replies, much appreciated.

Best regards

Hubert

• Thanks 1