1/72 Eduard MiG-15

Evening Ladies and Gents, I have a story to share.

Behold this marvel of Soviet engineering, the MiG-15. I’ve been told that a couple of them have been built over the years. This one is mine, and, well, the build was... an experience (i.e. horribly cursed).

So it all started when I tried to assemble the fuselage. The halves wouldn’t fit and I had to do много sanding. Then when cementing the wings, I realized that I had done the wrong variant. The seat kept falling out of the cockpit, and I forgot to glue the ballast, resulting in it all leaking out. I planned to use maskol to mask the blue camo lines, but when I opened the jar, it had hardened into a solid mass. When painting, the white didn’t come on right and I had to sand it and redo it. The bombs wouldn’t fit on the pylons, the right wing broke for no reason, and when I was finally putting the decals on, they inverted on themselves. Finally, the wash I used leaked out of its bottle.

Nonetheless, I soldiered on through and eventually triumphed. Please pardon his appearance, the rear canopy is still drying.

spacer.pngThis came as part of the Royal Class Quattro pack, so there’ll be more to come (I’ve heard nothing but praise for these kits, so hopefully the next are not nearly as painful as this one).

Cheers,

Olivér

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 11