Canberra T4 question

gunpowder17

I just got the airfix 1/48 canberra with a view to doing the grey and dayglo t4. I know that the kit has mistakes , but it will be easy enough to fit another seat alongside the pilot and add an extra control column , but how different is the nose profile compaired to the T4 please?

Thanks

• Like 1

On 26/07/2020 at 21:24, gunpowder17 said:

I just got the airfix 1/48 canberra with a view to doing the grey and dayglo t4. I know that the kit has mistakes , but it will be easy enough to fit another seat alongside the pilot and add an extra control column , but how different is the nose profile compaired to the T4 please?

Thanks

Had I not had the kind offer of a spare part that could be adapted from @canberra kid, the plan was to replace the clear part of the Airfix nose with laminations of plastic card and to carve and sand them to shape. Do study the layout of the cockpit and cabin carefully though. there are significant differences from the B2, which the Airfix kit is based on. I had a hard time getting the layout clear in my head and had to strip some work away and start again.

I would also advise signing up to the IPMS Canberra Special Interest Group website. It is a veritable mine of information.

Martian 👽