F-22 Raptor - 1/48 Hasegawa

Evening all,

Here is my finished F-22 Raptor in 1/48 from Hasegawa. This was my first experience with Hasegawa and I am very impressed! That said, I did add a few details, mostly to the cockpit - all of this is in my WIP thread:

Here is the finished build:

skTOLVe.jpg

aIpuDpz.jpg

GZjXu6R.jpg

EtwjfPN.jpg

OEAUgth.jpg

BPx0j7p.jpg

KG3qQi6.jpg

u2Vrb6S.jpg

gCOkhXx.jpg

fcmwhPH.jpg

Some detail photos of the cockpit:

BQX7rHh.jpg

eoR1oqk.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• Like 41

51 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Great job!

Thanks Hewy!

49 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Superb job all round.

Cheers Steve!

41 minutes ago, Troffa said:

Great job!

Thanks Troffa!

• Like 1

Hi Anirudh,

a really nice Raptor you've produced here. You really nailed the Have Glass coating, something many modeller struggle to reproduce and is eagerly dicussed how to do. An F-22 is on my build list for the distant future so I will shamelessly archive your method for the Have Glass coating for future use :)

Cheers

Markus

1 hour ago, SAT69 said:

Very nicely done. The cockpit is exceptional.

Thank you, Given how little is actually visible when built up, I'm happy I spent a little time on extra details as opposed to buying a resin replacement.

1 hour ago, Shorty84 said:

Hi Anirudh,

a really nice Raptor you've produced here. You really nailed the Have Glass coating, something many modeller struggle to reproduce and is eagerly dicussed how to do. An F-22 is on my build list for the distant future so I will shamelessly archive your method for the Have Glass coating for future use :)

Cheers

Markus

Cheers Markus! There was a lot trial and error to get it right so I'm very happy with the result. What I noticed however from looking at different photos is that the colour & finish varies so much from aircraft to aircraft so there is a lot of leeway. Looking forward to seeing yours soon - hope my build will be helpful then! :) 

24 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Raptastic!

Stunning model, congrats!

:D Thanks!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, F-32 said:

Outstanding, the paint work is first class

Thanks F-32 - It took a long time to get the distinctive sheen. This was my 2nd time working with MRP lacquers for the full paint job and I was very pleased with them.

3 hours ago, Tojo72 said:

Its a kit that builds up very nicely as you have demonstrated.Your paint job looks fantastic.

Thanks Tojo! Yeah you're right - the kit is well engineered and went together pretty damn well.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gary Brantley said:

Very nice Raptor!   Great job Anirudh:clap2:

Thank you Gary!

2 hours ago, Night Owl said:

Glad to see your finished that's a keeper for the shelf. Great job and detailing you've inspired me to look at a Raptor so what are you onto next?

Thanks Night Owl! I'm very pleased with it, and it's now joined my F-14, F-15 & F-16 in the the display. You should definitely go for it as well!

I've bought Kinetic's EA-6B & Tamiya's F-117 to keep myself busy - at the moment I'm wrestling with the ill-fitting wings on the EA-6B.

Awsome choice I have it on my to do list as well there are some great after market flap, cockpit and airbrake kits. I was able to negotiate a deal with another modeller on this site for the afterburner decal set " Jammin Jihad" I like the three tone gray or desert scheme. I am starting a TA-4J Adversaries Bandits in a five color scheme that will challange  my masking skills. Ill be following your profile happy modeling if your looking for anything I have a stash of some F-117 upgrades and an Academy F-117 1:48 kit. I can photograph for you. I also have an unbuilt Kitty Hawk F-35A and an Italeri EA-18G growler collecting dust I dont plan to build.

Cheers Night Owl. I've used the Aires ICAP cockpit and a few small Quickboost pieces so far - need to decide on a paint scheme soon though and begin the decal search.

I'll keep your offer in mind when I get around to the F-117 although with the fit of this Prowler that might not be anytime soon!