1/8 scale Jaguar E type DeAgostini

I thought some of you might be interested in my E Type that I actually built for DeAgostini/ModelSpace.
It's on the forum pages as a custom build.

I used the DeAgostini kit but added a full leather interior, completely new seats - the kit ones are not quite right.
I completely cut up and altered the kit engine to get it a better overall shape.

Carpets, head-lining, MOUNTAINS of extra engine detail. Removed countless screw heads I didn't want to see. Carb linkages added. Fabric wrapped wiring looms added.

I corrected the three fluid bottles (brake and clutch) which had the lids on the wrong way round, added brake and clutch pipes, modified the radiator, air box, heater control valves and added the missing ones, carpeted the glove box,, changed the dash gauges for photo-correct ones...

The list goes on and on.

It's a superb kit that can really be gone to town on. It's easily up there with anything Pocher have done in their new range.
You can now get it as a full kit from DeAg - highly recommended.
I'm currently building my third one.

OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg

Edited by roymattblack
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Good to see you back Roy, lovely job of this kit, I bought 1 issue then was put of by the total price, I'll have to struggle with the revell one! Do you have any scratch builds in the pipeline? 1/8th XK8 per chance 🤔

Andy.

Roy, what a superb model you have made.      I was a bit surprised at your comments in an earlier post of yours about the number of corrections you had to make in building this kit.

It is not as though De Ags developers could not access enough concours real examples of E types to use during development of this model.

54 minutes ago, Noel Smith said:

Roy, what a superb model you have made.      I was a bit surprised at your comments in an earlier post of yours about the number of corrections you had to make in building this kit.

It is not as though De Ags developers could not access enough concours real examples of E types to use during development of this model.

My comments weren't meant as criticism - more a case of me being an OTT fusspot... lol.

It really is a great kit.

Roy, you are not being an OTT fusspot. Considering what those kits cost it should be expected not to have to make corrections on them. Your model is absolutely superb, and full credit to you for ensuring it has been built as accurately as possible.

I have an old Pocher Mercedes kit to build, but even though folk wax lyrical about them, I understand that they do have their faults as well. Over the last few years I have been having a go at scratch building, so I will probably end up selling the kit on anyway!

Does it start?  I've always heard Jags were notoriously fussy.  Really, does it start?  It sure as the devil looks like it should.  Fantastic build.  

50 minutes ago, cherry268 said:

Stunning model. 

If you have built a second and now a third are you  doing a similar build or a particular car? 

The other two are commission builds so they are very similar, just different colour interiors and licence plates.

Many thanks for all the kind comments you guys.

• Thanks 1