Four and half of He-111, how many I will manage? * FINISHED ALL*

JWM

The upper side of Zwilling with already third layer of white (diluted)

50402662236_9dc481f5d5_o.jpg

I am not sure about the fourth one. I want to add two green "scarfs" pretending removed white

like I did on Me321 Gigant, the pair for Zwilling

36345279291_7a1d8f501e_b.jpg&key=c02acd1

more photos of Gigant here: 

Regards

J-W

Edited by JWM
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, Adrian Hills said:

I have been busy for a while so not looking at BM much. JWM I am really impressed with your work 🙂

Andrian, many thanks! :)

Regards

J-W

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2020 at 6:02 AM, Touvdal said:

Good luck with the Roden kits, they are the worst kits ever made, build one when they first came out. Nothing fits so hope you have alot of putty 😬😬.

cheers

Jes

Got them nicknamed Rodent I recall

• Like 2

That looks very good J-W. Love the faded winter camo. You have nearly made it with all four builds in the gallery.

I take my hat of for you.

Cheers,

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I developed the removal of winter camo as maybe for end of March

50492133912_4307c90fdd_b.jpg

Problem is with DG DY code letters. I did not found any other possibility like printing it on clear decal. I have used Tahoma 48 font, which gives 11 mm. The shape is not 100% that of German lettering but I did not found better. However, the main problem is, that amount of ink was apparently too small an on white background it became grey, not black. I will have to work on this a bit... Also I have to add irregular green frames of summer camo around each character. Still some work has to be done. The most of work is from bottom, where the blue is not finished around gondolas and gondolas has not all glasses and MG mounted.

50491274908_a35d3b889c_b.jpg

Regards

J-W

• Like 3

The bottom was detailed today:

50498503916_a5b50c683c_o.jpg

And later:

50498504191_9468db2f0d_o.jpg

Besides gondola windows, decals, rocket boosters (from Intaleri Me 323 extras - I intalled ther only two boosters under each wings, four other retained in spare box). The position of them I took from drawings presented Polish monograph of He-111.

Fronts of tanks have to be painted of course

You may see that I did works with DG+DY code of fuselages, the green is around and the letters are black (painted)

We are going the the end with this bird, so also with whole 4 and half mine Heinkels...

regards

J-W

• Like 1

• JWM changed the title to Four and half of He-111, how many I will manage? * FINISHED ALL*

Well done J-W. Great work on all four models. I love the Zwilling as well. I have got it in my stash and hope to build it somewhere in the future . 

Thank you for being here in the Groupsbuild.

Cheers,

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Arniec said:

Well done J-W. Great work on all four models. I love the Zwilling as well. I have got it in my stash and hope to build it somewhere in the future . 

Thank you for being here in the Groupsbuild.

Cheers,

Arniec, thank you very much for good words, I appreciate them :) . 

Yeh... - having +400 models standing on shelves and no even single He 111 among them made me feel guilty in some way, especially that those "four and half" were waiting in stash. So the STGB was a very good motivation to do all of them and to solve this "problem".

Still I do not have any Ju-88 variant nor B-24. Those are my biggest gaps in WW2 collection. I though few months ago that I will do Ju-88 A1 in GB WW2 but i did not started. I hope to go with all six Ju-88 variants from my stash soon (?) ;) 

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 07/08/2020 at 11:41, JWM said:

If the He 111 G3 had the same BMW engine "egg" like Ju-90 had (see the Wiki link)

The dark object below the leading edge is an exhaust pipe

he111g_cph_194x__5a11ce579606ee4f81a536a

(to be compared with this https://www.flickr.com/photos/skylarkair/40207206585  or

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-transport-transportation-aviation-airplanes-junkers-ju-90-wuerttemberg-86496686.html )

and  light point below the cowling at its end (second is invisible ) is the mounting point

Regards

J-W

I know I'm a few years late to the party, but I can't resist to post this link:

https://samlinger.natmus.dk/fhm/asset/15374

via the "Download" button you can get a "1940x1280 pixels - Licens: No known rights - 1 MB" file, even better than this:

15374.jpg

And I don't know if you already know, but I'll tell you anyway: "Blind man's buff" is called "Blinde Kuh" [blind cow] in German(y)

so the blindfolded cow with two yellow stripes around the belly explains the "Blindflugschule" logo.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blinde_Kuh

• Like 2