Four and half of He-111, how many I will manage? * FINISHED ALL*

JWM

Hi,

I have four Heinkels 111, or better to say four and half of them in my stash, since one of them is Zwilling

50155767357_29d10782d4_o.jpg

I will try to do all of them in best case (and one on them in the worst case... :) )

The He 111 E I would like to do Polish campaign, He 111 H from BoB, Zwilling (Z-1 of course) from Eastern front and He 111 CI would like to do as Chineese "A" with Wright Cyclone engines or as G-3 from Germany - anyway as radial... To do G-3 it could be nice to find donor for new style wings, so it depends if I find it...

Regards

J-W

Edited by JWM
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, JWM said:

Hi,

I have four Heinkels 111, or better to say four and half of them in my stash, since one of them is Zwilling

50155767357_29d10782d4_o.jpg

I will try to do all of them in best case (and one on them i the worst case... :) )

The He 111 E I would like to do Polish campaign, He 111 H from BoB, Zwilling (Z-1 of course) from Eastern front and He 111 CI would like to do as Chineese "A" with Wright Cyclone engines or as G-3 from Germany - anyway as radial... To do G-3 it could be nice to find donor for new style wings, so it depends if I find it...

Regards

J-W

OMG that is a history of the 111 in a single project . .You have my attention JWM :)

• Like 3

Well J-W that is an interesting collection of He 111 models.  Are you planning to build all of them at the same time or make them one after the other?  I'm asking as with only two to build at the same time my table is covered with wings, fuselage sections and all the other sub-assemblies. 😀

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

Are you planning to build all of them at the same time or make them one after the other?  I'm asking as with only two to build at the same time my table is covered with wings, fuselage sections and all the other sub-assemblies. 😀

34 minutes ago, Adrian Hills said:

JWM, I reckon you should do the C or the E first. 😁

Thank you! - Yes, I am aware that Roden kits are not as fast as Hasegawa... But I am going to do all simultaneously, at least up to painting time. That is the only way to have chance to fit in time.  

Regards

J-W

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Touvdal said:

Nothing fits so hope you have alot of putty 😬😬.

Thank you for advice, I have a brand new tube of Tamiya filler  and more then half of Milliput box, so I think I am prepared! :)

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Touvdal said:

Good luck with the Roden kits, they are the worst kits ever made, build one when they first came out. Nothing fits so hope you have alot of putty 😬😬.

cheers

Jes

Jes, I've just realized, that He 111 G-3 (which I am thinking about just I am looking around for wing donor, to convert from Roden He 111 C)  has the unit emblem, which you use as your avatar:

He111G_CE_NX.jpg

facfe95b15f3eb1ee31dfb37b84a0a86.jpg

• Like 4

The He 111 E will be maybe that one;
Heinkel-He-111E-1.KG1-(V4+BH)-bombed-sea

or that one ( but with overpainted red strip on tail)

2_5.jpg

For H-6 and Zwilling I am not decided yet

Regards

J-W

• Like 5

Yes you are right, Kastrup Airport (Denmark) is not far from where i live and Luftwaffe planes are my main interess.

Actually there is a good story on this plane, here from a Swedish site. 

https://lae.blogg.se/2017/november/heinkeln-som-skots-ner-vid-viken-1944.html

Cheers

Jes

10 hours ago, JWM said:

Jes, I've just realized, that He 111 G-3 (which I am thinking about just I am looking around for wing donor, to convert from Roden He 111 C)  has the unit emblem, which you use as your avatar:

He111G_CE_NX.jpg

facfe95b15f3eb1ee31dfb37b84a0a86.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Touvdal said:

Interesting in this link are also differences in CE+NX machine - on first color photo she has spinners, on others no. The swastika in '44 crashed machine is just white contour, wheres on older photos looks like with black inside (maybe it is just the question of contrast).

Thank you for this link, google translator works to get what is written... :)

Regards

J-W 

Very interesting! 

I have been going to build that very Heinkel He 111G-3 myself. 

I have it half finished somewhere in my stash. I messed up some of the windows and I kind of lost interested after that... 

Someday I will try and finish it. 

I used the wings from an Italeri Heinkel. They fitted better to the Roden fuselage than the Roden wings did! 🙂 

Engines and propellers came from an Italeri Junkers Ju 86. 

The really hard part was to figure out how the engine nacelles should look. 

I used the Ju 86-parts and some Milliput. I'm not sure if I got it completely right, but it will have to do. 

I live in Helsingborg not far from where the Heinkel crashed. 

I actually have one of the Bosch magnetoes from this aircraft in my little "mancave/hobbyroom".

Rudolf_Filip 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Rudolf_Filip said:

It turns out that I even made a thread here on Britmodeller! 🙂 

MAny thank - I went through you thread, unfortunatelly the links from 2011 are not working, however there are also nice photos from crash. I am curious about the shape of engine fairing - you've made them much bigger that in V-engine Hs111s are

1152.jpg&key=75e7c2b8fda2806a67a662e6cd4

Maybe it should be like that, I have to dig out for some photos if they support it.

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

I started from painting insides with RLM -02. This time I have used Revell 45 in this role, it is really very similar to Humbrol 240 and I wanted to spend it using for insides, keeping Humbrol for outsides.

Roden 111e

50178150052_2a3488ac2b_o.jpg

Roden 111 c - for G

50178149912_9e3eaac8e6_o.jpg

Hasegawa Zwilling

50178149757_040de103f4_o.jpg

I did the same to Revell 111H, but I lost photo while coping by mistake.  I have to do photo again...

Regards

J-W

• Like 5

Hi 

A take with parts of He 111 H:

50182183412_1e47d4f03d_o.jpg

Here are some progress with Zwilling

50181926621_f08c2e005a_o.jpg

I realized, that for early variants the RLM-02 os inside colour is almost sure, but in case of at least Zwiling the inside of cockpit should be perhaps in RLM 74, as for other Germans in later years of war? I am curious - what is expert opinion on this? The H6 kit I have I am not sure if I will not change to H4 or H3 (props and gondola to small modifications I think) - anyway they were produced in 1940 likely, but Zwiling is much newer, like H22 perhaps...

The Roden He-111e

50182183582_877e52e79a_o.jpg 

And Roden He 111c going to be He-111g

fuselage

50181387343_bc1e80b767_o.jpg

Having problem with finding donor for new style wings for He111g I decided to convert old, eliptical one into new-style.

I cut out the leading edges and ailerons and from 0.75 mm plastic cart cut the shape of outside part if wing. I noticed, that the flaps are same in old and new style wings

I sanded down some area to make rook for the plastic card

50181387648_cedc2018fa_o.jpg

Glued

50181926896_976b0c5b11_o.jpg

And filled (first approach) with Milliput

50181387958_34f52f9ffa_o.jpg

Next to them are wings from Revell kit of H-6 variant.

To be continued

Regards

J-W

• Like 6

Hi J-W, the first two Zwillings were built by October 1942 using H-6 airframes, the last ten were built in November and December 1942 using a mix of H-6 and H-16 airframes.

• Thanks 1

It is a tough one about the cockpit color. As it was a maschine build in 1939. But from the pictures I have seen from the 111 in Norway it schould be dark grey (RLM66).

Cheers,

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Arniec said:

It is a tough one about the cockpit color. As it was a maschine build in 1939. But from the pictures I have seen from the 111 in Norway it schould be dark grey (RLM66).

Cheers,

Arnold, , the machine you reference to in Norway ,is that the one shot down by the Skuas asiv painted interior Rlm 02

Cheers Alistair

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1