Bf 109 G-6 Mersu Air Race 1:48

Hello mates,

here my Mersu Mercedes by eduard built recently with changed (very nice) figures from CMK (they were german from Siebel accessories), now finnish with selfmade caps and finer details.

Before research i didnt knew how dirty the finnish Gustavs were in the 1950ies! Only flying full throttle, no cleaning anymore! Fun only for the Finns!

Cheers,

Tom

bf 109DSC_71472 bf 109DSC_7172 bf 109DSC_71572 bf 109DSC_71732 bf 109DSC_7133472 bf 109DSC_713ss72 bf 109DSC_7972

• Like 38

Thank you, mates!

16 hours ago, Andy Dyck said:

Hi Tom,

absolutly perfect. That colour sceme is outstanding! I am looking forward for a nice article!👍🤓🤓🤓

Cheers

Andy 

🙂 10 2020

Thank you Andy!

6 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Fabulous and surprising model! Superb execution – and those figures are amazing, with character faces in 1:48th!

One of the most interesting '09 models I've seen.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thank you, Joachim!

These CMK figures are really to recommend...

• Like 1

This looks fantastic!  I don't know what they did in the 50's but if you look at an air racer today they try to milk ever last bit of speed from the machine.  Rivets and panel lines are filled with putty and the whole aircraft gets polished to a mirror like finish.  By the time it lands it has picked up some grime but still looks pretty good.  I did not realise anyone actually raced the Me-109, it would have been fantastic to see!

14 hours ago, Harold55 said:

This looks fantastic!  I don't know what they did in the 50's but if you look at an air racer today they try to milk ever last bit of speed from the machine.  Rivets and panel lines are filled with putty and the whole aircraft gets polished to a mirror like finish.  By the time it lands it has picked up some grime but still looks pretty good.  I did not realise anyone actually raced the Me-109, it would have been fantastic to see!

Thank you, Harold!

Yes this is the dirtiest racer ever!