Chevy fleetside

So this is the 1st one on RFI. I bought my first model on 1st of may during lockdown looking for something to do this is model no 5 and the 1st to make it here ,1 to 4 can be found on wip although there all complete now

i have not had much success with painting and less with decals hence the model below but I am enjoying the process

this one is my first attempt at weathering ,and a little bit of detailing with spark plug wires battery leads and a lone brake pipe

pictures are not great taken with an old iPhone

any pointers welcome  bearing in mind I’m the wrong side of 50 with fat fingers failing eyesight no patience and not a lot of finesse 

thanks for looking spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 16

This is outstanding work!  The weathering is excellent.  The nice thing about building a beater, fitment is not an issue.  My only critique, and a small one, there's a bit too much "dirt" on the tires.  The dents in the bed are so realistic.  Very well presented.  A really strong build!  Welcome and please keep posting.  

Thank you  JCH for the kind words I agree about the tyres I might try and tame them down a bit but the whitewalls were really bright and yes the bonnet ,sorry hood is a poor fit

the close up of the wheel is actually suppose to show a crease in the fender which doesn’t really show 

That's nicely done.  I'm trying to work out if the weathering on the windscreen matches the pattern that the wipers would sweep; the passenger-side wiper looks like it might wipe past the top of the screen (which may be an issue with the kit rather than your work).

I like this a lot the weathering especially. Really good job on this keep up the good work look forward to seeing more of your work in the future 👍 

I'll echo all the 'good jobs' - now compare this to the first one you made and you should be able to get a boost from looking at all the ways you've moved forwards.

I think everyone finds their style and/or what works for them as they build more. It looks as though you have a feel for weathering (although I would agree with the others about the wheels looking more muddy than just grubby).

Thanks all  I think we’re all agreed the tyres are rubbish ,there not a very good fit on the rims so they maybe coming off for a rework

johnlambert no I don’t think the weathering or wipers are correct I managed to snap both removing from sprue and I’m not sure I glued them back correct I did not mask just wiped my finger across the wash 

i am always in a rush and it does show 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ottopv said:

Thanks all  I think we’re all agreed the tyres are rubbish ,there not a very good fit on the rims so they maybe coming off for a rework

johnlambert no I don’t think the weathering or wipers are correct I managed to snap both removing from sprue and I’m not sure I glued them back correct I did not mask just wiped my finger across the wash 

i am always in a rush and it does show 

Don't be so quick to knock your own work enjoy the positives and work on the negatives we are all constantly learning as we build looking forward to the next one 😉

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ottopv said:

sorry hood is a poor fit

No no no!  The fitment on your hood is perfect!  These were work trucks.  Alignment and gaps were of secondary concern from the factory.  For this build the hood is excellent.  It's a really strong build!