First WIP - Airfix 1:48 Walrus

This is my first WIP, as a newcomer to BM and many years since building anything!  The kit was a much appreciated birthday present although it’s taken me a month or more to roll my sleeves up and get started!  It’s a great kit of a fascinating aircraft with plenty of detail to get my teeth into. Here are a few photos from the early stages which I hope you’ll find interesting. I’ve also been testing out my macro photography skills as you can see. 

Phil

50152984407_8a6bd1b75f_b.jpg 50152197948_b18274f62f_b.jpg 50152198213_43d4b186b9_b.jpg 50152198103_49937b9c4c_b.jpg 50152748821_5909ccafcf_b.jpg 50152197878_a15bff1595_b.jpg 50152748741_6e55fcc118_b.jpg

• Like 15

You've only waited a month to start building it? You have much to learn, mine has been sitting under my desk for over two years now 😂

Good work so far, and especially on the photography. 👍

What version are you building?

• Haha 1

Welcome from another returnee, and great work so far! I have been considering getting this kit, it looks great, but I am sticking with 1/72 for now. Looking forward to see your build.

Edited by Jur

Welcome Phil, and good luck with the build. I finished one of these recently and really enjoyed it. Looks like you're making a cracking job of it so far!

Cheers,

Roger

Nice start on a lovely kit, you should have a bell with it. I am in the place where I can't bring myself to start mine until I have a second kit to go in my Airfix "Red Box" collection.

Martian 👽

:welcome:

Welcome to BritModeller. 😇

Great and demanding first build.

I managed to get this kit (first issue) during lockdown but am yet to start. I’ll tag along with this if that’s ok. Great job so far.

fair winds sir.

Johnny.

hi billn53,  you asked about my photos - most were taken using a simple (& cheap) macro lens clipped onto my iPhone!  Slightly ‘amateurish’ approach I guess, but the results are fairly sharp in the centre of each image. I’ve been experimenting with various camera systems to see which best suits close-up work. I’ll be experimenting further as the Walrus takes shape. Cheers, Phil