1/72nd Valom Vickers Valetta C.Mk.1, 84 Sqn, Cyprus 1956, Suez Crisis

Tony..........I hate you!!!!! 😉.  I will always be left wondering just how you made a mundane subject very interesting.  I know that I could not do that and the results you have achieved are superb!!!!  Very impressive!!! :worthy:

Mike

• Haha 1

On 7/29/2020 at 2:49 AM, Sky Keg said:

Tony..........I hate you!!!!! 😉.  I will always be left wondering just how you made a mundane subject very interesting.  I know that I could not do that and the results you have achieved are superb!!!!  Very impressive!!! :worthy:

Mike

LOL...... cheers Mike,..... I`m sure you would manage fine!

On 7/29/2020 at 7:49 AM, loloskymaster said:

Excellent build of a so rarely seen aircraft!

Congratulations 

Lolo

Cheers Lolo,...... I think we`ll be seeing more Valetta`s built in the near future,........ it is a lovely kit and nice to have a Valetta at last!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 2

Just received mine in the mail today after it made its trip across the Atlantic, and I am THRILLED by it.  The surface detail is exquisite, and it actually looks better in person, close-up, than the photographs shown online.  I have only two concerns: the lack of curvature in the roof of the forward cabin as it meets the transparencies (it's too flat), and what appears to be a short-ish vertical fin.  @71chally says the fin is fine, though, so I'm not going to mess with it.  Tony did considerable justice to this kit, and I'm looking forward to tackling it myself.  I share Tony's hope that the Valetta will be a more common sight on Britmodeller going forward, as it represents an important period of UK aviation, military prowess, and political history.  It's actually a pretty aircraft.

• Like 2

I not only enjoy your models but the back story you often attach to it. Always interesting. I  have a small connection. When I was a skydive pilot an older gent, Dubliner, came for a static line jump. He seemed knowledgable and when questioned admitted his last jump had been with 3 Para in 1956. We were duly impressed. He was hoping to  relive some of that by making another. Sadly his age was against him for a solo jump but he ended up getting two free tandem jumps. Which he really enjoyed.

I'm sure he would have recognised that Valetta.

Great job as usual.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, noelh said:

I not only enjoy your models but the back story you often attach to it. Always interesting. I  have a small connection. When I was a skydive pilot an older gent, Dubliner, came for a static line jump. He seemed knowledgable and when questioned admitted his last jump had been with 3 Para in 1956. We were duly impressed. He was hoping to  relive some of that by making another. Sadly his age was against him for a solo jump but he ended up getting two free tandem jumps. Which he really enjoyed.

I'm sure he would have recognised that Valetta.

Great job as usual.

Cheers Noel,...... there were a lot of Dubliner`s in the Para Regt at this time and quite a few jumped into Suez,........ it is always a pleasure to meet the 50`s veterans,.....tough blokes. He would have managed a Static Line jump no problems,..... pity he wasn`t allowed. Not many men still alive who can say that they jumped into action as a member of British Airborne Forces,.....although I believe a small jump was made in Afghanistan? 

5 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Just received mine in the mail today after it made its trip across the Atlantic, and I am THRILLED by it.  The surface detail is exquisite, and it actually looks better in person, close-up, than the photographs shown online.  I have only two concerns: the lack of curvature in the roof of the forward cabin as it meets the transparencies (it's too flat), and what appears to be a short-ish vertical fin.  @71chally says the fin is fine, though, so I'm not going to mess with it.  Tony did considerable justice to this kit, and I'm looking forward to tackling it myself.  I share Tony's hope that the Valetta will be a more common sight on Britmodeller going forward, as it represents an important period of UK aviation, military prowess, and political history.  It's actually a pretty aircraft.

Glad your`s arrived OK and that you are happy with it,...... the flat section behind the cockpit is actually part of the design as far as I can see and it joins with the canopy fine don`t worry,...... you might need a few swipes with a sanding stick,. but if you build this style of kit you`ll be used to that anyway. The fin looks fine to me after comparing it to photos of the real thing.  

Cheers

Tony 

• Like 2

Wow, that is lovely indeed.  I have not tried Valom - always been a bit fearful that my skills are not up to it - but this shows what can be done.  You have done a bang-up job on a very interesting subject.  Love the Suez stripes, too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bigglesworth said:

Wow, that is lovely indeed.  I have not tried Valom - always been a bit fearful that my skills are not up to it - but this shows what can be done.  You have done a bang-up job on a very interesting subject.  Love the Suez stripes, too.

Thanks mate,....but then according to you I`m a rivet counter eh and not just somebody who likes to research a subject eh? 

Valom actually produce very nice kits and they are well worth a look at,...... they also do subjects that nobody else would touch like the Albemarle, Harrow, Sparrow, Bombay, B-45 Tornado,.... etc,.....etc!  

Edited by tonyot