1/72nd Valom Vickers Valetta C.Mk.1, 84 Sqn, Cyprus 1956, Suez Crisis

7 minutes ago, Andy Dyck said:

absolutely perfect

Totally in agreement, don't really need to say any more than that. Andy said it already.

Richie

• Like 1

This is a really stunning build, and encourages those of us who have not tackled Valom kits previously to try our hand at this attractive subject.  One of my favorite shots shows how glossy smooth the cabin transparencies are: you can see silver reflections off the engine nacelles in the windows!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pete in a shed said:

Excellent job. Great scheme. The whole project has been beautifully executed. 

Cheers

Pete

Agree absolutely!

• Like 1

That is brilliant Tony. I'm trying to resist one of these, you're making it hard though. ;) :unsure: That comparison between the Dak & the Valetta is interesting, chubby wee chap isn't it? Very similar in size otherwise.

Steve.

• Like 1

Gorgeous model of an aircraft most Norteamericanos are probably unfamiliar with, as well as the paradrop to secure the airfield. I had never heard of the latter, but I was only 10 years old at the time of the actual event.

• Like 1

A superb and well researched model as usual Tony. Resisting the urge to buy one as not the usual subject I go for. I may wait until someone releases a decal sheet, just if it's based on information supplied by yourself of course 😉

:goodjob:

Davey

• Haha 1

That is a wonderful looking Valetta.  A great paint finish and interesting scheme.  I've never seen the trim in that sand/yellow colour before but it really suits it.  I'm going to have to save my pennies and get one of these I think.  An interesting comaprison with the Dakota.  Curiously the proportions of the Valetta make it look like the model is of a bigger scale of a smaller aircraft, it that makes sense.

• Like 2

That is an excellent piece of work, very interesting to have seen the amount of effort that went into the build.  Sadly, my effort is on hold at the moment, but I will get there in the end, hopefully.

• Like 2