Miles/HPR Marathon - 1/72 vacform

Hello @Sabrejet, this is a tremendous piece of modelling. I watched your build from the beginning, and have been completely amazed by the whole quality and attention to detail you put into this amazing result. It was a masterclass.

I have lost count of the number of vacforms I have built over the years, but at no stage do they come anywhere near the quality of this.

I look forward to your next one!

All the best,

Ray

• Like 1

What a fantastic model you have created!

Your skill and attention to detail are peerless.

It was a pleasure to follow the WiP.

Not sure what may follow, but less than 5 pounds may be a challenge, unless we are talking weight 😁

As per the subject, please, do another civil plane!

• Like 1

Very nice model, and scrubbed up well. The finish on the model is excellent and it captures the not unattractive lines of the Marathon well. 

• Like 1

All the compliments above are well deserved. I've never built a vac-form kit and can only commend you for magnificent work.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

All the compliments above are well deserved. I've never built a vac-form kit and can only commend you for magnificent work.

Give it a go! You'll love it I'm sure. Yes they can be a challenge, but the satisfaction is well worth the effort.

1 hour ago, Moa said:

Not sure what may follow, but less than 5 pounds may be a challenge, unless we are talking weight 😁

As per the subject, please, do another civil plane!

I shall give it my best shot! And the £5 challenge is also another thing I'll attempt to achieve. I'll let you know!

Definitely the best thing I've seen done with that old kit. It was one of a trio Contrail did along with the Airspeed Ambassador and Avro Tudor. You know what you have to do.....

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

Hope you like it!

I do indeed, I've got a bit of a soft spot for the Marathon. Just one small hiccup though, the Burmese flags on the tail are handed, port side is correct, stbd side shuold be a mirror image witht he upper quadrant forward, not aft.

https://abpic.co.uk/pictures/view/1617211