Hi all.

This ship from the Star Wars saga first appeared in the Return of the Jedi movie. It appears very briefly, at the moment before the attack on the 2nd Death Star, spreading its wings to the combat position. It is a heavy fighter equipped with various types and powerful cannons and that was expected to have more prominence in the development of the final battle, but due to the thinness of its fuselage and wings, there were problems with the Chroma process during the post-production of the special effects and their scenes were removed. It also appears at the end of the last movie in the galactic saga but I have not managed to see it.

This time I am going to start the model  the cockpit, which I have painted with various gray tones of Vallejo MC except for the metallic part for which I have used Alclad Aluminum, having as a base color the Neutral Gray of this Vallejo.

I have highlighted details using oil and used Vallejo matte varnish for the final finish of the instrument panels and satin varnish, also from Vallejo, for the metallic area.

50151866792_5e742506ba_o.jpg

50151866897_f91b036acf_o.jpg

50151866732_370be90417_o.jpg

Andrés S.

• Like 16

I continue with the cockpit with the last piece that is the pilot.

The instructions indicate that the flight suit is painted red. However, I have been guided by the images of the film and who goes in that color is the character who pilots with Lando Carlisian the Millennium Falcon, while one of the B Wings is piloted by another character of the same race whose flight suit is green.

50159068213_048d14d012_z.jpg

I have painted it as usual with Vallejo references and satin varnish also from Vallejo.

50159775312_4286ca0f86_o.jpg

And now yes, the entire cockpit.

50159535746_eb44e40bec_o.jpg

I have also completed the engine nozzles.

The base color has been Alclad Titanium. I have given a circular section Vallejo inks mixing blue and red to obtain purple. Immediately behind him I have applied sepia ink to simulate the burning of the metal between both areas. To the internal part I applied aluminum and pigments, although I think, after looking and looking, that I will reinforce it with some more layer.

50159879337_2571176f67_z.jpg

Andrés S.

• Like 15

Beautiful work so far Andrés - that cockpit looks superb. Very nice work on the figure too - hard to believe you did that with such a small figure.  The engines are coming along nicely - it's hard to judge without knowing how much of them will be visible. But certainly the interiors look really good... Looking forward to seeing how this progresses :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FG2Si said:

Great work so far. The cockpit and pilot are nicely done. 

Carl

Thank you very much, Carl !!

4 hours ago, Kitchen Modeller said:

Beautiful work so far Andrés - that cockpit looks superb. Very nice work on the figure too - hard to believe you did that with such a small figure.  The engines are coming along nicely - it's hard to judge without knowing how much of them will be visible. But certainly the interiors look really good... Looking forward to seeing how this progresses :)

Thank you so much, Kitchen Modeller !!

Soon I hope to show some images of the weapons.

Regards to all.

Andrés S.

Edited by Andrés S.

Well, before starting to join pieces of the fuselage / wings I wanted to leave the armament finished, which consists of several blaster lasers or whatever they are called ...

I have hollowed out most of them with mini drills.

As a base color, I have applied Neutral Gray by Tamiya, painting the canyons of the small wings with white stripes, making some dirt airbrush on the front one. I have soiled the ends of all the weapons with smoke colored pigment. The profiling has been with oil and the final finish with Vallejo satin varnish.

Andrés S.

50170626256_99cb3ba196_o.jpg

50170626286_643dd97467_o.jpg

50170626226_b83e2a5d94_o.jpg

• Like 15

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...