Tim builds an Xtra Sea Harrier - COMPLETED

Well done with both the Harriets* Tim.  Any chance of a photo of the two side by side?

AW

*Harriers of course

Edited by Andwil
Typo!

7 hours ago, Andwil said:

Well done with both the Harriets Tim.  Any chance of a photo of the two side by side?

AW

When I next venture into my loft, I intend to bring down this 1/72 Hasegawa/Maintrack FA2 conversion.

Hasegawa-Sea-Harrier-FA2-1.jpg

and take photos of all three.

• Like 2

On 8/8/2020 at 12:58 AM, Andwil said:

Well done with both the Harriets* Tim.  Any chance of a photo of the two side by side?

AW

*Harriers of course

As promised, all 3 FA2s.   800NAS is Airfix, 801NAS is Hasegawa+Maintrack conversion, and 899NAS is Xtrakit.

Three-FA2-2.jpg

Three-FA2-1.jpg

Three-FA2-3.jpg

Three-FA2-4.jpg

Three-FA2-5.jpg

• Like 6

Great work on this Xtrakit Shar. And done so quickly. Mine has been sitting almost finished for about 6 years. Apart from the canopy problem, which I solved by having it open, I just couldn't get it to sit properly on all four wheels. It looks great in the box, and on the box painting but it's hard, hard work. I think I just gave up. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, 825 said:

Great work on this Xtrakit Shar. And done so quickly. Mine has been sitting almost finished for about 6 years. Apart from the canopy problem, which I solved by having it open, I just couldn't get it to sit properly on all four wheels. It looks great in the box, and on the box painting but it's hard, hard work. I think I just gave up. 

Thanks for the nice comments.

Top Tip learned from Harrier SIG for 4 points of contact:

Trim the locating peg of the centre leg, such that it can be fitted shortened.

Then fit the nose and outrigger legs.  When they're set fit the centre leg, adjusting to ensure 4-point contact.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Thanks for the nice comments.

Top Tip learned from Harrier SIG for 4 points of contact:

Trim the locating peg of the centre leg, such that it can be fitted shortened.

Then fit the nose and outrigger legs.  When they're set fit the centre leg, adjusting to ensure 4-point contact.

Thanks for the advice, it makes perfect sense. I think that I may have done it inadvertently recently when building an old Airfix. GR3. Anyway you've galvanised me to go and find the bits and finish mine off. 

Once again you've done an outstanding job on this in double quick time. 

• Thanks 1