New Here So Be Gentle

Ailsa McVicar

Good afternoon,

Just thougth I would introduce myself, I'm new to model building and working on my first model, interest in the hobby has come from my partner who has been a model builder for years.  I joined the forum as I thought it would be a good place for research and information.  So far the projects I want to do, and I have a list of ideas, have been inspired from the movies.  My stash also grew this week as I got a couple of new kits for my birthday :D

Anyway, hello to all who happen to see this.  :)

50150789893_0c62e690db_b.jpg

50151338681_1c3e2a64dc_b.jpg

Edited by Ailsa McVicar
  • Like 7

Hi Ailsa and welcome to the forum. Inspiration from the films can be a good motivator for great builds and dioramas.  Hopefully we shall see some of you builds in the not too distant future.  With regard to to research and information, ask away.  You will be absolutely amazed at the vast wealth of knowledge that is shared here.  Contributers are only too willing to help, not matter own insignifiant the query.

Mike

36 minutes ago, bootneck said:

Hi Ailsa and welcome to the forum. Inspiration from the films can be a good motivator for great builds and dioramas.  Hopefully we shall see some of you builds in the not too distant future.  With regard to to research and information, ask away.  You will be absolutely amazed at the vast wealth of knowledge that is shared here.  Contributers are only too willing to help, not matter own insignifiant the query.

Mike

Thank you :)

30 minutes ago, dnl42 said:

Welcome aboard! :bye:

Be sure to check the relevant Works In Progress (WIP) threads for information on those kits. Masterful builds of both are available.

Really?  I will be checking, thank you :)

Hello Ailsa ,welcome from an honorary Scot , ( I spent a year and a half up there in the early 50s ) . More ladies , the better .

Don .

Hello Ailsa...:post1: from the windy city of Chicago USA. Those look like nice kits, Ive built the standard (non grand slam) Lancaster from Tamiya but that was 31 years ago. I mostly build WW2 & Cold-war aircraft in the mid scales of 1/72 and 1/48. Added to that the occasional piece of armor or Sci-fi to give me a change of pace. 

Dennis

Welcome Ailsa! 😄

This forum is a massive source of knowledge and help, i have only been here for a couple of weeks and have learnt quite a lot!

I hope you enjoy your time here and i await your models.

Kind Regards

Brandon    :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

:welcome: to the fold Ailsa.  Hope you enjoy the forums :)

Thanks, I wonder if there is anywhere in the forums that gives more info on Dioramas and creating them?  Links, books etc?  I'm trying to find info and see what I need to make up a diorama box of materials to use etc :)

Nice to have you on board the bus. And with a bus model too. You will find the folks on here more than willing to help with advice and encouragement. It’s a relaxed atmosphere as long as you don’t start them on the colour of Malta Spitfires :D  joking aside you could not have pulled out a chair and sat down with a better bunch. 

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

There's a whole section devoted to the subject just here:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/531-dioramas-vignettes-scenery/

Yes I've been looking in this section, thought there might have been stickies etc rather than having to trawl through the section but no matter, I'll hunt away.