Miggy's 3D Models

Mig Eater

I've been making 3D models for use in computer games for about 20 years & got into 3D printing about 3 years ago. Here is a collection of some of my 3D print model projects & a preview of a few 3D models that I recently made & plan to print/build in the future.

Panzer IV Ausf.K
3D printed a new upper hull & turret to convert a Dragon Panzer IV Kugelblitz kit into Ausf.K paper panzer variant. 

pz4k3d_04.jpg

pz4k_01.png

T92 HMC
3D print/scratch built project I started as part of a group build but couldn't finish in time & then lost interest, will hopefully finish some day...

t92_3d_12.png

t92_14.JPG

T-55/S-75
Kit bash project that included 3D printed drive sprockets & rear mounted cable drums.

t55_sa2_08.jpg

K-Wagon
WWI German super heavy tank, two prototypes were under construction when the war ended & soon after scraped. I've finished designing the 3D model & plan to start printing/build it early next year.

kwag_3d01.png

Internal frame that will be printed with a plastic FDM printer, it will then be "skinned" with plastic card & then all the bolts added by hand.
kwag_3d05.png

Smaller detailed parts that will be printed with a resin printer.

kwag_3d07.png

PzKpfw Mauschen
Early concept version of the German Maus heavy tank. The 3D model is finished & I've done a few test prints of the tracks & wheels which came out fine. Thinking of printing & building this over the Xmas holidays.

mauschen_3d08.jpg

Exploded view of the hull parts, most of which will be printed with a plastic FDM printer.
mauschen_3d12.jpg

Tracks (which are workable) wheels, suspension & sprockets, all of them will be printed in resin.

mauschen_3d13.jpg   

Exploded view of the turret parts, will be a mixture of plastic & resin printed parts.

mauschen_3d14.jpg

• Like 11

Excellent work!

Out of interest, are the designs size specific, or can you just reduce the scale to 1/48 or 1/72 easily. For example, do parts need to be redesigned to make them less fragile in a smaller scale?

30 minutes ago, Gorby said:

Out of interest, are the designs size specific, or can you just reduce the scale to 1/48 or 1/72 easily. For example, do parts need to be redesigned to make them less fragile in a smaller scale?

Depends on the shape & size of each part, some parts would scale fine, some would need to be merged together & others would need to be redesigned. In some circumstances it might be easier to just make a completely new 3D model from scratch in the new scale.

Edit: I forgot to mention in my first post but all my models are all in 1/35.

Edited by Mig Eater
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

My latest 3D printed work, the Iron Helmet from the game Skyrim, I made it as a birthday present for a friend who is a big fan of the game. While technically not a "model" & more a prop/cosplay piece I thought I'd share anyway though 😅

I downloaded the 3D model for the helmet from Thingiverse, the stand was my own design though. The helmet is split into 9 parts, each part took about 24 hours to print. It was then slowly glue together one part at a time, waiting another 24 hours for the glue to fully set each time. I then spend a few weeks filling & sanding down as much of the print lines as I could, because of the uneven surface it was a pain & I couldn't get it as smooth as I would have liked 😕 Painting was done with acrylics, I used a black metallic colour as the base for the helmet & then dry brushed various metallic colours making them progressively lighter until I ended with silver paint. The horns were painted with the same method using various light brown & buff colours. It was given 2 coats of gloss varnish to seal it all in & then weathered with rust coloured enamels for the helmet & dark brown oils for the horns. It took 2 months to make in total & was finished a week before their birthday.

iron01.jpg

iron02.jpg

iron03.jpg

iron04.jpg

The stand is made from wood with an aluminum rod, the diamond shaped dragon logo & the rounded top were 3D printed.
iron05.jpg

iron06.jpg

Edited by Mig Eater
  • Like 3