Airfix Canberra WT313?

Adam Poultney

The kit is full of mistakes, this is just the most minor one!

But yes, WT313 does appear to have been SoC on 14 Oct 1968.

What ever you do, do not fit the missiles, they were some B.15s only, and I can't say that I've ever seen the 4 x rocket pods on an RAF Canberra, think that was export only,  @canberra kid will know.

• Like 1

With the weight, you want to get as much as far forward as possible, under the cockpit floor, behind the bulkhead and the fronts of the engines.

In the past I have put weight in the navs' station, just behind the pilots seat, as it wasn't seen, but up to the builder.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 71chally said:

With the weight, you want to get as much as far forward as possible, under the cockpit floor, behind the bulkhead and the fronts of the engines.

In the past I have put weight in the navs' station, just behind the pilots seat, as it wasn't seen, but up to the builder.

I'm doing it with the bomb bay doors closed, do you think putting some in there would work?

5 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

So I've got an Airfix 1/48 Canberra, and the A scheme is WT313 in 1969. But WT313 was written off and scrapped in 1968.... Anyone got any explanation for this or was this just Airfix making a mistake?

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/94199

52ad5b6ae8d78c2b9f369790eb123762.jpg

Interesting, WT313 struck of charge 14th October 1968, it's possible she could have stayed on the airfield as a decoy? As James says, the only thing in the kit you can hang under the wing is the bombs no AS.30's no rocket pods. As for weight, get as much as you can over the nose wheel bay and if not fitting the bomb bay as much directly behind as possible. The only photo I've of her with the big Hornet. It looks like Airfix  managed to find the least interesting B(I)6 of them all!

FbejLN.jpg

Edited by canberra kid
typo

On 7/25/2020 at 4:20 PM, Adam Poultney said:

I'm doing it with the bomb bay doors closed, do you think putting some in there would work?

Hello Adam, I built the Classic Airframes' Canberra B.2 years ago and placed all the weights just behind the cockpit's rear bulkhead; all 250 grams of it. I'm still surprised the landing gear hasn't collapsed.

An Airfix Canberra followed as Swedish Tp52 (basically a T.11) and less than 50 grams inside the nose cone was enough. The Arm indeed matters...

Cheers,

Antti

• Like 1