Airfix 1/48 lightning main gear fitment

lesthegringo

I consider myself to be a reasonably experienced modeler, but Airfix's 1/48th Lightning  main gear strut stay rods, hold open rod for the landing gear doors and the doors themselves are foxing me. The instructions are very vague, and don't seem to reflect the physical parts.

If there is anyone who has built this that can post a photo of how it should go together they would be assisting me immensely! I don't want to screw up the model at this stage in the game with some ham fisted guesses

Thanks in advance

Les

Thanks, but unfortunately I need a picture looking into the bay of finished model. I can't see any mounting points for the rods on either the gear legs or inside the wing bay, and also it is not clear as to where the gear door should fix to the leg in terms of height

Cheers

Les 

• 7 months later...

Here are some photos of the one I built years ago. I don't remember at all whether I had to make any "creative" decisions about placement, so take it FWIW.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Seawinder
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, CJP said:

Nice clear photos and your Lightning paint job is very neat - any photos of the completed model been posted?

Thanks, CJP. I never did a proper photo shoot of the Lightning. I'll try to do one soon and post it to Ready for Display.

Cheers, Pip

• Like 1