Heinkel He 111H-4 Night Bomber

Retired Bob

• 2 weeks later...

I finally have the wings attached to the fuselage, it put up a fight when fitting the left (port) wing, so the fuselage joint cracked apart as I tried to eliminate the gap on the wing root, nothing a bit of filler will sort out,  As can be seen on the photo, the left engine nacelle was a much poorer fit than the right hand one,  it needed some plastic card to shim out the gaps, then a lot of work with micro-chisels, files and sanding sticks to get it all cleaned up.  Some more cleaning up before  I can get the nose fitted.

IMG_1367

Thanks for looking.

• Like 2

that is coming along nicely Bob.  I had a similar thing happened to the Ju 88A-1 last night while I was asking up for the RLM70.  I knocked the front canopy off. The Roket odorless glue in useless. Now i have to use Kristal clear which never makes a nice joint for me.

19 hours ago, Greg Law said:

I knocked the front canopy off. The Roket odorless glue in useless. Now i have to use Kristal clear which never makes a nice joint for me.

It is always a problem getting the canopies glued strongly without risking smears or fogging, I use a similar canopy glue to Kristal clear.  Having left my He 111 to set overnight  I have filled my wing root gaps with some sprue gloop, hopefully it will give the wings some strength and clean up nicely, it just takes a while to harden.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

@Retired Bob

hi Rob,

may I ask what scheme you are planning?

I am looking for KG55 logos for a 1/32 Bf109 G (yes you read that correctly btw)

He111 emblems are way too big but am thinking the 1/48 may be suitable (even though I would have to touch up the shield background colour to look vaguely yellow).

Even if the KG55 machine is what you were planning, I wonder would you mind telling me the height and width at widest part of the decals in your kit? At least then I will know if I am on the right track.

Cheers

Nick