What-if, more realistic HMS Nelson 1/700 Tamiya

2 hours ago, Chris Hewitt said:

Photos of angled deck Invincible carrier I called HMS Eagle :rofl:.

Very nice! Admittedly, I originally thought you were talking about the WW2 Invincible. :blush:

While Victorious did indeed wind up all angled and so on, I was wondering what an actual WW2 'skew deck' carrier would look like. I thought it'd be a bit tricky as all the DP mounts and AA positions need to be catered for as well.

Hmmm, I may have to add it to my wish/design/build list. Along with the 12 gun 14O design KGV and the 16 gun (4x 4) original proposal for Edinburgh/Belfast.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gazontipede said:

the 16 gun (4x 4) original proposal for Edinburgh/Belfast.

Gidday, I hadn't thought of that. More whiffs in the offing. 😀

Chris, that HMS Eagle (nee Invincible ) looks very authentic, very plausible. Well done. Regards, Jeff,

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

That's HMS Nelson finished,did finish it some ago and have moved on to finishing another project which was halted for Nelson and it's almost finished, so I always start another ship to overlap the one that's about finished so I don't rush it.Probably can see HMS Intrepid in background,started that because I was painting Stalwarts,as you do, get side track (these were the main vehicle that was used in the 70'80 to be used to refuel our tanks on exercise,they could go anywhere) and they needed transport so dug out Intrepid ,they were probably never were on these ships.got Chieftains as well. 

5GY0gFz.jpg

EGXR0TY.jpg

OHIh91N.jpg

Edited by Chris Hewitt
  • Like 7

Bloody hell Chris i didn't realise you fingers where that big  :hypnotised:

those things must be tiny Nelson is looking very fine as does that rigging @ 700 scale

Will you be starting a build thread for Intrepid to show us some more of you fine work I take it that is The L'Arsenal kit wonder if we ever get a decent 350 scale kit

Stay Safe

beefy

• Thanks 1