Mil Mi-24V Hind E

Hi all,

Hope everyone is well in these strange times. Below are some pics of my finished Mi-24V Hind E. It is built from the Zvezda kit which is a good basis for superdetailing, if not the best-fitting kit in the world! I started this build in late 2018, so it was a relief to get it done. I used the North Star internal PE set, Ace Models external PE set, resin wheels by Armory and Master pitot/machine gun set. High points for me were scratchbuilding the hydraulics block, APU and the air conditioning unit on the port side beneath the cockpit. Detailing the engines was also a lot of fun. I also put a lot of detail into both cockpits but unfortunately they are not that visible! I built the Russian/Soviet option based at Mahlwinkel, GDR in 1993. It's not perfect, but overall I am happy with it. More details in the build thread here: Build thread. Hope you like the pics!

2020-07-24 19.01.17

2020-07-24 19.02.45

2020-07-24 19.01.26

2020-07-24 19.03.02

2020-07-24 19.01.37

2020-07-24 19.02.06

2020-07-24 19.02.22

2020-07-24 19.03.10

• Like 73

My gosh that's a lot of detail in that scale. Add in the weathering and the "hard used" look and you have something most splendid.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Quid100 said:

1/72 OMG!! your detailing is off the chart, very very nice. 

Cheers 

Matt. 

Thanks Matt!

6 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

My gosh that's a lot of detail in that scale. Add in the weathering and the "hard used" look and you have something most splendid.

Thank you. Yes, 'used and abused' was the look I was going for!

Thanks for all your kind comments guys. I'm glad you liked the Hind. If anyone is planning a Hind build please PM me and I would be happy to point you towards online and print references which I found useful. I am starting a new job soon so not sure I will have time for much modelling 😔 but I am thinking the next project when it eventually starts will be much more simple!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi,

an impressive build. But I am just repeating what everybody else has said before me!

All the superlatives apply!

Congrats!

JR

• Thanks 1