How to save Scandinavian Airlines?

Well obviously not the entire airline (I'll leave that to someone else), but some old aircraft models in 1/200 scale I came across going through some old stuff earlier today.

They are all three showing signs of "fatigue" and a bit of wear and tear, but nothing that can't be fixed with some glue and a fresh layer of paint.

Airbus A321

c2ddeabc0ee8261d2ef97729f18c3ec6.jpg

Boeing 767-300

ef5dc72e14bb1dfb1e33f91dca53a904.jpg

DC 10-30

0d936ca5cf0ef5954ea8268d7b5063c4.jpg

During my time with SAS is worked on all three aircraft types, so there is some degree of nostalgia involved. Luckily nothing seems to be missing (except for at small piece of the vertical stabilizer on the B767) but I'm struggling to find some decals for all three models. My plan would be to restore them back to the same liveries, by giving them a full respray and some new decals, if only I could find some. Unless I manage to find complete sets, I would be needing decals for both the SAS liveries and the cockpit and cabin windows/doors.

So my humble request to you kind people here on BM would be, does any of you know of an online shop where I could possible find some quality decals for my old SAS aircraft models in scale 1/200?

All three models are from an italian company named Fratelli Cesana. Have any of you heard of this company before, it appears as if they are no longer around?

1306e94e0e7641582e3baf34abb617a3.jpg

In forward many thanks for any help on the decals !!

Cheers

Johnny b

Hi Jonny,

Liveries Unlimited did a 1/200 SAS DC10 decal unfortunately long oop

https://joydecals.com/1-200-scale-decal-scandinavian-dc10-30/

Might find one on eBay if you can wait long enough.

Hasegawa also boxed their DC10 kit with these markings so someone might have spare decals.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/hasegawa-10211-sas-dc-10--1236092

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ian

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Richard E said:

Lima November may be able to help you with the markings for your A321 and 767 - both sheets available from Hannants in the UK.

Thanks a lot Richard, I have now placed an order for both the A321 and the 767 decal sheets with Hannants. 

10 hours ago, Turbofan said:

Hi Jonny,

Liveries Unlimited did a 1/200 SAS DC10 decal unfortunately long oop

https://joydecals.com/1-200-scale-decal-scandinavian-dc10-30/

Might find one on eBay if you can wait long enough.

Hasegawa also boxed their DC10 kit with these markings so someone might have spare decals.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/hasegawa-10211-sas-dc-10--1236092

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ian

Thanks a lot Ian, yes I did see the Liveries Unlimited decal sheet on joydecals being out of stock, but I will certainly keep an eye out for them on eBay.

While ordering the sheets for the A321 and 767 from Hannants in the "new" color scheme, I also ordered a set of 767 decals in the older "rainbow" livery as I was hoping that I might be able to use some of these decals for the DC-10. The red, blue, yellow stripes I could possible paint and the registration markings I might be able to do my self.

For sure if anyone here on BM would have a set of spare decals for a SAS DC-10 in 1/200, I would be very pleased to buy that!

Many thanks

Johnny 

Hi Johnny,

the A321 certainly looks like it had a very heavy landing!

I've got a set of unused SAS decals from the Hasegawa kit if they are of any use to you. Obviously they are a few years old now, but have been kept in the box with the kit. 

PM me if you want them.

Dave

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

You know its really good that Britmodeller can come to this guys aid....feel good positive vibe stuff.

Which reminds me I finished a Buccaneer which was missing a canopy and someone on here gave me one ( two actually) ...have to find his name.

Shame the rest of society cant do this for each other.👍

• Like 3

9 hours ago, halcyonjet said:

Hi Johnny,

the A321 certainly looks like it had a very heavy landing!

I've got a set of unused SAS decals from the Hasegawa kit if they are of any use to you. Obviously they are a few years old now, but have been kept in the box with the kit. 

PM me if you want them.

Dave

spacer.png

Hi Dave

Thank you very much, that is most kind of you. I have send you a PM. 

Yes the A321 is up for a hard landing inspection before going to the paint shop 😁

• Like 1

9 hours ago, junglierating said:

Shame the rest of society cant do this for each other.

A very telling statement. I too have had the Britmodeller massive save the day for me. Good to see the magic is working here as well.

• Like 2