1/24 McLaren 540C (Revell+Plamoz)

Hi folks,

This is my attempt at building the 1/24 McLaren 570 from Revell.

I have used the Plamoz wheels and also their detail-up set (resin engine hood, PE parts).

Painted with Tamiya lacquer paints (LP20 for the body and a mix LP5/LP19 for the darker parts like roof and side scoops). 2K clear cote from ZP.

Interior color is a Ferrari leather color (cuoio) from ZP. Alloys sprayed with Tamiya primer/ Tamiya black / Alclad polished aluminium.

I reworked the ride height and wheel alignment because the kit is way off in my humble opinion. I am quite happy with the result.

If you are planning to close the doors, you should then adjust the fit and glue them before painting.

Comments welcome ! Thanks for watching.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 12

Beautiful car, first rate build, and exceptional photography.  More pics please!  The ride height you've chosen is spot on.  I very much like the color and am a big fan of Tamiya paints but the metallic flake, IMO, is not to scale.  Really strong build.  Seriously, post more pics.  Thanks for sharing and please continue. 

P.S. I'm amazed you've achieved such quality from a Revell kit.  I swear what I can get in the State is NOT the same quality as the EU.

Edited by JCH

4 hours ago, JCH said:

Beautiful car, first rate build, and exceptional photography.  More pics please!  The ride height you've chosen is spot on.  I very much like the color and am a big fan of Tamiya paints but the metallic flake, IMO, is not to scale.  Really strong build.  Seriously, post more pics.  Thanks for sharing and please continue. 

P.S. I'm amazed you've achieved such quality from a Revell kit.  I swear what I can get in the State is NOT the same quality as the EU.

Hi JCH,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad you like it. Yes metallic paints are an issue at 1/24 scale and always look bad on close-up pictures...

Take care.

Best regards from Belgium !

Lovely build Eric, and I agree the stance looks spot on!

I think the closest to scale model paints are those labelled as Mica rather than metallic (full size mica car paint is also much better to use on our models), but some of the best 'paint' to use for scale size flakes I've found are some brands of nail varnish! I'm old and thick skinned enough to ignore the sometimes quizzical looks you get when browsing the displays looking for the right colour....!! 🤣

Anyway, lovely Mclaren and a great result from an often much maligned Revell kit! 👍

Keith

• Like 1