Where are we with 3D quality

ckw

The quality looks very good indeed. But would there be any problems making things like radial engines, with closely finned cylinders, in 1/48 scale? And what about open structures like an aircooled Spandau machine gun? 

Is a dust free environment necessary? 

7 hours ago, Eivind Lunde said:

The quality looks very good indeed. But would there be any problems making things like radial engines, with closely finned cylinders, in 1/48 scale? And what about open structures like an aircooled Spandau machine gun? 

Is a dust free environment necessary? 

Depends what type of printer and the accuracy of the printer. Check out the detail on this kit!

I find the smallest detail I can reliably print is 0.3mm with my anycubic photon. Engraved details can be finer, but for extruded details, 0.2 mm is the finest that produces any decent results.

• Like 3

I would think cylinder fins in 1:48 are possible to suggest well, but maybe not to replicate fin for fin.

This is about as detailed as I find I can go, this is the nose undercarriage for a Mooney M20, which has rubber suspension doughnuts, each about 6" in diameter, this is 1:72:

2020-09-27_05-38-24

They are there! No bugger will see them, mind...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1