Anglicize 1-35 cars and trucks

xkopite

Hi,

First post on here, can anyone of you seasoned modellers tell me if you ca convert  1-35 cars and trucks to a reasonable British look.

This is for a home front diorama set in Liverpool during the May blitz.

The model cars possibly from the German range of saloons or any appropriate 1-35 models .

I already have the Accurate Armour Fordson canteen van and the Austin Tilly, I know there is an Austin 7 resin model also.

Thank you in anticipation of some help or tips. 

Regards

xkopite

Edited by xkopite

Compared to European cars, there seems to be a distinct lack of prewar UK cars in any scale, let alone 1:35.  However, is 1:32 close enough?  There's a few Airfix prewar cars which might be ideal, such as their 1920s Bullnose Morris, which would still have been seen on the streets in that era.  There's also the Humber staff car if you want a military car present.  In 1:35, ICM's late '30s Packard V12 would be period correct for the UK, as a few were sold here at the time, but would not have been a regular sight, and may be a bit posh for a regular street scene.  Tamiya do a Citroen Traction Avant in 1:35, which would need converting to rhd but as Citroen had a UK factory in Slough at the time, these were a regular UK market car & early ones would have been a regular second hand car by that time.

Hi Paul,

Many thanks for you input, I know about the Austin Tilly and the Austin 7.

I have a Fordson mobile canteen as a good start.

I agree with you that the British car scene for WW2 is limited.

I will have to see if the difference between 1-35 and 1-32 is passable.

Cheers

The Fiat Topolino was well thought of but presumably rare on UK roads ; we forget after the utter disintegration of the British motor industry that even back in the early 70s owning a foreign car was unusual and also meant many would think you a bit "fly" or of suspect character in some way!