HI all

I would like to present a few images of my latest completion.  This is the Dragon Me 262 Mistel combination, which has been made more accurate by replacing the standard fighter version of the Me 262 with the glass nosed bomber version from Hobby Boss.  I say more accurate, as all the references suggest the use of glass nosed 262 on what is, or is not a hypothetical subject, depending on what books you read.

Adapting the Hobby Boss kit to the Dragon kit presented some challenges, but the biggest challenge was ensuring that both airframes had the same dihedral,as there are subtle differences between the two manufacturers.

I have elected to paint the bottom (drone) 262 in the earlier grey scheme and show it as one that had been relegated to a non-combat role, thereby making it a suitable candidate in the expendable role, while the carrier 262 is finished in the late war greens.

HrUhYNPh.jpg

anfjQvIh.jpg

XxXEDbVh.jpg

4Cmlnmjh.jpg

iGrtsq4h.jpg

AQMFO0Ch.jpg

m9kWqfrh.jpg

vcjSl94h.jpg

ZP9Oe4wh.jpg

yTF041Gh.jpg

N942Ogvh.jpg

KEDlHSxh.jpg

scFFQ7Wh.jpg

2Fgroa9h.jpg

yLWebHDh.jpg

Cheers and thanks for looking

Randy

• Like 64

Oh, now that is just off the chart cool! :clap2:  Really some super scale modeling goin' on here folks; what a great idea and brilliant result!  :worthy:  Very cool Randy!  😎

How did this creation take-off?  Was that dolly towed by another aircraft?   Inquiring minds want to know...😉

I've seen different here at BM, but that's different ... in a truly awesome way. I'd never heard of that matchup (lashup?) before. Great building and an excellent finished result.

10 hours ago, Wulfman said:

Absolutely superb modelling, a masterclass ! I imagine it would take a very brave pilot !

Wulfman

Thanks much.  I don't imagine they had much trouble locating a pilot.  Afterall, the Luftwaffe did have about 75 volunteers to fly the piloted V-1.

Cheers

6 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Magnificent model of a totally bizarre contraption!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thank you Joachim.  If I recall correctly,the idea of a Mistel type of subject was conceived of by the British after WWI.

Cheers

6 hours ago, Angell328 said:

Wonderful build and paint. The detail work is stunning, everytime I look I find something new.

Much appreciated.  I did do a fair amount of small detailing that is not readily apparent at first view.

Cheers

6 hours ago, Gary Brantley said:

Oh, now that is just off the chart cool! :clap2:  Really some super scale modeling goin' on here folks; what a great idea and brilliant result!  :worthy:  Very cool Randy!  😎

How did this creation take-off?  Was that dolly towed by another aircraft?   Inquiring minds want to know...😉

Thanks Gary.  It may have been towed around the airfield, but I believe it got airborne under its own power.

Cheers

5 hours ago, SAT69 said:

I've seen different here at BM, but that's different ... in a truly awesome way. I'd never heard of that matchup (lashup?) before. Great building and an excellent finished result.

Thank you very much.

Cheers

4 hours ago, Holzhamer said:

A very cool and brilliantly made Mistel, thumbs up sir!

Much appreciated.

Cheers

3 hours ago, Zarichta said:

Stunning work!
Great paint finish.

Cheers.

Cristian

Thanks Cristian

Cheers 

• Like 2

Hi Randy,

very nice Jet Mistel, nicely built and painted. I have some Mistels in my stash too (Dragon Fw 190/Ju 88 and Revell Fw 190/Ta 154), they are quite impressive when built.

Cheers

Markus

14 hours ago, Shorty84 said:

Hi Randy,

very nice Jet Mistel, nicely built and painted. I have some Mistels in my stash too (Dragon Fw 190/Ju 88 and Revell Fw 190/Ta 154), they are quite impressive when built.

Cheers

Markus

Hi Markus

Thanks much.  I have also built the He 162/Me 262 Mistel as well as the more conventional Mistel 2.  And yes, they have quite a presence. 

y8z9weYh.jpg

5GAFuXyh.jpg

msNuljnh.jpg

Z1jL04Nh.jpg

Cheers

• Like 11

2 hours ago, SafetyDad said:

Lovely work there Randy! Beautifully presented and painted.

I love the 'flying for the railway' legend on your pilotless bomb

Great!

:like:

SD 

Thanks much.  I used the "flying for the railway" decal on the spurious drone 262, as from all I could determine, the piloted 262 which featured this slogan never actually existed, so it was a good way to use the decal.

Cheers

2 hours ago, rgb40 said:

Another nice one Slim. Meticulous build.

George

Hey Georgie Boy

Thanks a lot.  Hope to see you this coming spring at Hamilton.

Cheers

2 hours ago, IanC said:

Incredible models of these 'Why on earth did they even bother' designs! 

Much appreciated Ian.

Cheers

45 minutes ago, Harry Callahan said:

Excellent work, a stunner, a masterpiece, simply a fantastic model

Thanks very much Werner.

Cheers

44 minutes ago, Randy Lutz said:

Thanks much.  I used the "flying for the railway" decal on the spurious drone 262, as from all I could determine, the piloted 262 which featured this slogan never actually existed, so it was a good way to use the decal.

Superb collection of models, construction and painting is first class. :worthy:  I have that old decal sheet with the "flying for railway" slogan, I know it existed on a Bf 109E, Heinrich Wubke had it applied because he didn't think fighters should be hauling bombs but like you I could never find it applied to a Me 262.  I still cannot make my mind up whether to build my Hobby Boss 262s with the panel lines and rivets puttied over or left alone to make the aircraft look more interesting. :hmmm:

12 hours ago, IvanVasili said:

Impressive build of a very eccentric subject !

Thanks much Ivan.

Cheers

6 hours ago, Reini78 said:

That´s unique, haven´t seen that before.

Built in your usual quality :thumbsup:

Thanks Reini

Cheers

5 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

Superb collection of models, construction and painting is first class. :worthy:  I have that old decal sheet with the "flying for railway" slogan, I know it existed on a Bf 109E, Heinrich Wubke had it applied because he didn't think fighters should be hauling bombs but like you I could never find it applied to a Me 262.  I still cannot make my mind up whether to build my Hobby Boss 262s with the panel lines and rivets puttied over or left alone to make the aircraft look more interesting. :hmmm:

Thanks Bob. I know the 262 should be puttied, but it loses all its curb appeal and personality when you do so.  I just chalk it up to artistic license.

Cheers

4 hours ago, luftmodels said:

Top notch craftsmanship! I love the way the paint looks. Just incredible! Wow! I never knew that such combination ever existed. Btw, what did you use for final coat?

Much appreciated.  I use Testors Dullcote, decanted from the aerosol can for my flat finish.

Cheers 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Randy Lutz said:

Much appreciated.  I use Testors Dullcote, decanted from the aerosol can for my flat finish.

That was my favourite matt coat when I could get from a US B/X or P/X.