They look 1/48?

Great build too! Still on my bucket list of aircraft to build, IF I can find one sub £100 😕

9 minutes ago, Eric Mc said:

Very  good.

1/48 or 1/72?

1/48

1 minute ago, Mikey-1980 said:

They look 1/48?

Great build too! Still on my bucket list of aircraft to build, IF I can find one sub £100 😕

They are out there. Scour E-bay.  I've not paid more than £40 for any of mine.

• Like 1

Beautiful build, and extremely well researched. Was the information hard to come by?

21 minutes ago, Bangseat said:

Beautiful build, and extremely well researched. Was the information hard to come by?

No, not at all. I just read Damien Burke's book, TSR2: Britain's lost bomber. It's all in there.

• Thanks 1

Excellent and very believable whif, lovely build and finish !

Wulfman

- Very nice What if. That reminds the one I made in French Armée de l'air commemorativ scheme but to make the balance  not to get my English friends angry, I made a Mirage IV in white anti flash RAF scheme.......

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
9 minutes ago, IPMS19 said:

- Very nice What if. That reminds the one I made in French Armée de l'air commemorativ scheme but to make the balance  not to get my English friends angry, I made a Mirage IV in white anti flash RAF scheme.......

I seem to remember that a Spey powered Mirage IV was briefly considered by the UK after the TSR-2 cancellation so not far fetched!

13 minutes ago, Graham T said:

I seem to remember that a Spey powered Mirage IV was briefly considered by the UK after the TSR-2 cancellation so not far fetched!

- Yes you'r right it should have been MIRAGE IV K designed but didn't proceed farther than the drawing board or a project offer......

Truly astounding build. The real missiles must have been a huge weight burden! I have to wonder what kind of drag penalty they would have caused too.

What a fantastic model, well done.  I can't help thinking this was one of the landmark mistakes in British aviation. What if Wilson had not won the election, would it still have been built?

Absolutely fab, can’t have too many TSRs.

Graham

I saw this earlier today when you posted it on a couple of Facebook groups and all I can say is 'Bravo'!

I toyed with doing my TSR.2 as a 'what-if' and I'm glad I didn't know because I would have been jealous!  Seriously, this is indeed a great build and absolutely credible.  Well done for sorting the vents at the wing-fuselage joint: I bottled them and still regret it.  The pitot tube is bang-on as are the underwing stores.  I'm glad you did the build with a LAG undersurface: it looks good and makes a change from the many wraparound versions out there.

To conclude: a great effort, very well done indeed!

Neil

• Like 2

Hi Paul,

very nice to see an "production" TSR-2. Quite a bit of work you've put into it and it looks great. A pity it was never to be...:(

On 7/24/2020 at 11:51 AM, Devilfish said:
On 7/24/2020 at 11:28 AM, Bangseat said:

No, not at all. I just read Damien Burke's book, TSR2: Britain's lost bomber. It's all in there.

There are two other books which offer some details on the production version: BAC TSR.2 - Lost Tomorrows of an Eagle, which goes into detail about the planned developments of the serial TSR.2 (weapons, equipment, avionics, camo, ...) and TSR2 - The Story of Britain's Most Controversal Warplane which mostly covers it's development and final cancellation but also touches the planned mods for the production version.

In 1/72, Freightdog Models did some resin sets to "serialise" the Airfix TSR.2.

Cheers

Markus

• Thanks 1
On 7/24/2020 at 4:29 PM, IPMS19 said:

- Yes you'r right it should have been MIRAGE IV K designed but didn't proceed farther than the drawing board or a project offer......

Yes, I've built one of those too, complete with fuselage stretch....

35761473695_b0896cdd67_c.jpgDSCF0073_zps2445b7f7 by Paul Carter, on Flickr

On 7/25/2020 at 10:31 PM, amos brierley said:

Nice.        Pls can you show the refuelIing probe. 

I don't have any decent pictures of this one, but here's one I did on another TSR. Basically it's a bit of shaped sprue.

35629895481_f2bd3148cb_c.jpgBAe Eagle GR.6 by Paul Carter, on Flickr

• Thanks 1