In service TSR-2

9 minutes ago, Eric Mc said:

Very  good.

1/48 or 1/72?

1/48

1 minute ago, Mikey-1980 said:

They look 1/48?

Great build too! Still on my bucket list of aircraft to build, IF I can find one sub £100 😕

They are out there. Scour E-bay.  I've not paid more than £40 for any of mine.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bangseat said:

Beautiful build, and extremely well researched. Was the information hard to come by?

No, not at all. I just read Damien Burke's book, TSR2: Britain's lost bomber. It's all in there.

• Thanks 1

- Very nice What if. That reminds the one I made in French Armée de l'air commemorativ scheme but to make the balance  not to get my English friends angry, I made a Mirage IV in white anti flash RAF scheme.......

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, IPMS19 said:

- Very nice What if. That reminds the one I made in French Armée de l'air commemorativ scheme but to make the balance  not to get my English friends angry, I made a Mirage IV in white anti flash RAF scheme.......

I seem to remember that a Spey powered Mirage IV was briefly considered by the UK after the TSR-2 cancellation so not far fetched!

13 minutes ago, Graham T said:

I seem to remember that a Spey powered Mirage IV was briefly considered by the UK after the TSR-2 cancellation so not far fetched!

- Yes you'r right it should have been MIRAGE IV K designed but didn't proceed farther than the drawing board or a project offer......

Truly astounding build. The real missiles must have been a huge weight burden! I have to wonder what kind of drag penalty they would have caused too.

I saw this earlier today when you posted it on a couple of Facebook groups and all I can say is 'Bravo'!

I toyed with doing my TSR.2 as a 'what-if' and I'm glad I didn't know because I would have been jealous!  Seriously, this is indeed a great build and absolutely credible.  Well done for sorting the vents at the wing-fuselage joint: I bottled them and still regret it.  The pitot tube is bang-on as are the underwing stores.  I'm glad you did the build with a LAG undersurface: it looks good and makes a change from the many wraparound versions out there.

To conclude: a great effort, very well done indeed!

Neil

• Like 2

Hi Paul,

very nice to see an "production" TSR-2. Quite a bit of work you've put into it and it looks great. A pity it was never to be...:(

On 7/24/2020 at 11:51 AM, Devilfish said:
On 7/24/2020 at 11:28 AM, Bangseat said:

Beautiful build, and extremely well researched. Was the information hard to come by?

No, not at all. I just read Damien Burke's book, TSR2: Britain's lost bomber. It's all in there.

There are two other books which offer some details on the production version: BAC TSR.2 - Lost Tomorrows of an Eagle, which goes into detail about the planned developments of the serial TSR.2 (weapons, equipment, avionics, camo, ...) and TSR2 - The Story of Britain's Most Controversal Warplane which mostly covers it's development and final cancellation but also touches the planned mods for the production version.

In 1/72, Freightdog Models did some resin sets to "serialise" the Airfix TSR.2.

Cheers

Markus

• Thanks 1